Anyone pregnant & have a toddler?? I'm 5 months pregnant and have a 20 month old son who I feel bad for because I don't have the energy to go out everyday &

if your in the same situation or was are there things you did in the house from keep them from getting bored?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was... my daughter was 14 months when I got pregnant... but I still did stuff we did mommy and me swim once a week and the park 3x a week the other 3 days we read books blew bubbles took pictures played dress up.... try a mommy and me class
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• try coloring, puzzles, tossing a ball with him things like that. my daughter is 3 and i'm preg with number 2 i know she is older, but she still has a hard time understanding why mommy doesn't run around and chase her anymore. let him play in the backyard, just get a comfy chair to sit in while he plays or put a pillow in the chair.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• When my son was 2.5 months old I found out I was pregnant again and my heart sank! All I could think of was as he gets bigger so am I!!! I wanted an abortion, my mom forbade it!!! I was 19 at the time. Well she's here and he's not(he passed at 13.5 months)! Look at it as a blessing plus he or she will have a play mate! Keep your tot buisy with blocks and shape sorters, stuff like that! And find out which educational shows he or she likes the most(my twins LOVE wonder pets, my son always tries to sing the theme song, its soo cute).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i have a 1 wk old a 3 yr old and a 3 yr old.. they have an eisle to color on, paints, play dough. and of course movies.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am pregnant with twins and my daughter will be 3 in two weeks! Luckily she gets to spend a lot of time with her cousins because I can barely move anymore and I am only 22 weeks!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 12:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm 35 weeks pregnant with a baby boy and my daughter will be 17 months old on May 1st. My mom comes over 4 days a week (when my husband is at work) and helps me with my daughter. She does a great job entertaining her while at home.... We'll go out to the mall and park too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OMG - I'm going through the SAME THING!!! It's a freaking nightmare! I'm 24 weeks pregnant and my poor daughter is 2 yrs. and 9 months. She needs an active, ready to go anywhere anytime, happy, motivated mom. I am none of those these days. I have NO energy when I'm pregnant. I'm trying though - we do a playgroup once a week - today I took her "shopping" (we just got little knick-knacks - trying to not spend $$$). I try to do stuff w/her - take her in the backyard, to the park etc. but it's SO HARD!!!

If and when you figure out the answer to this, please post!!

Oh, and I feel horribly guilty for all the TV she's been watching due to my immobility. I literary am short of breath when I walk from one room to another. And I've only gained 10 lbs!?! HELP!!
    Anonymous

• Oh my gosh, I get it! I am 35 weeks and my daughter is 28 months. She is an active toddler for sure! I am doing as well as I can, but I am having back trouble, and not sleeping well, so I get so frustrated when she won't nap or wants to go to the playground and I just want to sit on the couch and put my swollen feet up. I also feel guilty about all the T.V. HELP! I take her to play group on Thursdays but I can't even get up anymore when that part of the class happens. When she won't sleep I seriously get SOOO frustrated and then I feel guilty that I got frustrated, this is not her fault, she deserves a full mommy. Ugh this is the easy part, too. Thanks for letting me vent!
    catsbap

Answer by catsbap at 5:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009