Should I go to the doctor?

I am having sharp pains every now and then in my left side and im about 5 days late from my period. Also feeling a little dizzy and peeing alot more? Should I go to the ER or wait and make an appointment with doc? oh yea also having cramping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Health

• Most nurses won't give you advise. They will tell you that if you think it is really bad then you should come in and be examined. If you are pregnant, there isn't anything that they can do for you at this stage of pregnancy, I am sorry to say that. Put your feet up and try to relax. You can call your oncall Doctor through the medical exchange and talk to them about what they think is best for you. There is no substitution for a doctors advise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Why would you go to the ER for that?
    Anonymous

• I don't see it as an emergency unless you are doubled over in pain from your left side hurting. Wait and make a doctors appointment. I wish you the best.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I had that once, and it was a mis-carriage. Call a nurse advisor at a urgent care dept. Speak to them and if they say for you to come in, go in.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would do like BingsMommy said, call an urgent care nurse. They can give you advise.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Have you had a positive pregnancy test? If so, it would be a tubal pregnancy. I do agree with the PPs about calling the urgent care nurse. They can ask you questions to help you rule things out. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I meant to say it COULD be a tubal pregnancy, not WOULD!
    musicpisces

• 1-800-418-0758
    the mayo clinic....call talk to a nurse
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 9:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2009