how can i fight for my rights as a parent in a 50/50 custody situation

I'm really getting frustrated with the situation and don't know what my rights are as a parent, where the boundaries lie, and what can I do when the other parent is unwilling to work with me for the child. Its been a constant battle in the last six months and I'm tired, frustrated, upset, hurt....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I believe part of it may depend on what State you live in. I would also advise a lawer....expensive I know...but they can tell you exactly what your rights are and what you can do about the uncooperating parent. I wish you the best!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would, too, say to get a lawyer. Even just a free consultation would help you out. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can get a legal aid lawyer if you can't afford one. I'm almost positive they have them for custody cases. Call your local court house and ask for a number to legal aid, or a public defender type lawyer. Tell them your situation, and they should be able to help with anything you need! Also, try calling child support and ask about lawyers there too. They should also be able to provide you with a phone number, or at the very least point you in the right direction to find one. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out!!
    =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Google " divorced parents rights and responsibilities" and include what state you are in. There will be many articles for you to read through in order to obtain a better Idea. Remember if the other parent is not doing his/her responsibilities, you can get more parental guardianship rights. ( unfortunantly you do need to go to court for that part) .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2009