WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That some of the ones that show up on my doorstep are pretty nice, and others are a bit annoying and pushy. But even those ones aren't as pushy as those boys who show up from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We just had a couple of older ladies come over yesterday (I think??) I thought they were really nice, but kind of pushy.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I respect their zeal for sharing what they believe to be true, although I disagree with their message.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• i can't stand the ones that are pushy. i don't press my beliefs on you so don't press yours on me. i had a friend in middle school her mom printed up a bunch of atheism flyers, when they would start to be pushy with her, she'd say "ok well i'll discuss this more with you if you are willing to discuss this with me (she was not an atheist just tired of people knocking on the door every week and not backing down) that always scared them off. hehe
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• What is their msg?
    Anonymous

• Hmm....that they put their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else...have jobs, and children and pay taxes like everyone else.

Gee, I guess that makes them "okay"...like everyone else on the planet.

Why ya askin' anyway?? Bad experience with a Jehovah Witness at your door??? Just remember one bad apple doesn't necessarily have to spoil the bunch/barrel/basket....LOL

I
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was sad - they said they'd come back and they never did.
    Maybe I appeared over zealous?
    I do tend to be quite the religious freak, lol. (religions and beliefs of all kinds fascinate me, must be because I'm so strong a believer in religious plurality/equality....)
    I probably came off too interested, probably scared 'em off, haha.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• They are cool with me.

:D
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• That Jehovah is the one true God. That Jesus died for our sins. That Satan the Devil is the ruler of this system of things until Satan's 1000 years reign comes to an end with armegedon. That at armegedon the "evil" ones will be cut off and the "righteous" shall inherit the earth. That death, hunger, famine, suffering, and all wickedness will end. That dead loved ones will walk the earth again. And the only way to gain everlasting life is by accepting Jehovah as the 1 true God, and knowledge of him in the name of his son Jesus Christ.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

-----------
    I would say this as well. I do not agree with their beliefs. They are human beings just like everyone else. As long as they don't push their beliefs on me, they don't bother me a bit.

I don't like how I have a little "no soliciting" decal on the window of my front door and they come knocking anyway. That's just rude. (the decal is there because I live on the "nicer side" of town and people are constantly hitting up the homes for school sales and traveling sales and whatever else. I'm not one of the people with loads of cash so I wish they'd all just pass me by lol).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009