Does your 4-5 month old sleep through the night?

Can you tell me what your experience with your baby was..My baby is going through this fighting sleep phase she wont go to sleep until around 10pm or so and it use to be 8:30 ish and she wakes up every one-two hours through the night and during the day she rarely naps and if she does it's 15-minutes if were lucky im serious...I don't know what to do...letting her cry is just so hard because she won't stop and I feel so bad. She use to nap for an hour or so and she use to sleep at least 4-5 hours through the night what happened!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby has never slept longer than 4 hours and she is 9 months old....She does the same thing with her naps 15 here 10 there. It sucks but it has to get better because it can't get worse! Good luck :0)
    myasmom69

Answer by myasmom69 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• mine started doing that about 6 weeks before her first tooth came thru. she was about 5 months or so. it was AWFUL. she went from sleeping great, to not at all and screaming and crying a lot. as soon as the tooth broke thru (2 weeks ago) she started sleeping great again. Now she's back at it, second tooth bugging her. :( it's gonna b a long trip to number 28! :)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• have you gotten her checked to see if shes teething, i know my sister daughter whos a little over 5 months does the same thing when her teeth are really bothering her shes got 5 coming in right now actually, and my 4 month old sleeps from 830 to 7 am. but my mom helped alot with that, i couldnt get her on a schedule, for anything, my mom watched her for a night and she was on a schedule, dont know how she did it. but she did. maybe she has gas, or tummy aches....or constipations.....im sure youd know if anything is wrong with her though so dont take me the wrong way. just wondering, werw you always holding her to put her to sleep and now your not? cause that was one of my problems to, when i was trying to switch it, but now i set her down in her crib turn on one of her music things and shes out in 2 minutes. sorry if its no help, but i tried *shrugs*
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• is she teething? i know it makes you feel bad but the best thing for your baby and your sanity is to let her cry herself to sleep. get her into a bedtime routine. let her have her dinner at night, give her a warm bath in lavender and chamomile(works wonders) give her a baby massage before you dress her using lavender lotion. sing to her while massaging. give her a bottle or breastfeed. and while she drinks her milk read her a book. in a soft toned voice. turn her night light on and turn the big light off tell her softly that you love her and you will see her tomorrow. kiss her good night lay her down and leave the room. let her cry for a while. each night you go through this she will cry less and less until finally she gets the point of the routine. i did this with my daughter since she was born and since she was 3 weeks old she has been sleepin through the nite. and she is almost 18 months old now and still goin strong.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• mine sleeps from around 10pm- around 8am. I started doing a ritual.... read a book, sing a song, kiss her, and play her a musical bear while she falls asleep. Sometimes shell fuss for a good 10-15min before she finally goes to sleep, but it happens. I always put her to sleep with a full stomach too.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Mine started sleeping through the night at 3 months. Now, she goes down about 815-830. Usually, she doesnt even cry, she just rolls over, puts her thumb in mouth and sleepy time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• * She might be teething cause she naws on her fingers and teethers and burp cloth, but she has done the teething thing before and no teeth came through and I don't remember her crying like this and not sleeping through the night or napping. I do a little routine 8pm bath time, lotion and jammies and hubby or I will read a book and she usually falls asleep in our arms after with a bottle but she does not want the story she cries she knows it's almost bed time and she cries if we just put her in her crib and we end up going in her nursery and getting her.
    Anonymous

• My 5month old wont, she usually wakes up 1-2 times between 8pm and 6am (that is when the sun is completely up here in the north) she is hungry, if she isnt then she always screams for about long enough for me to stand up and by the time I am waking, has already put herself back down
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• She's waaaaay to you to cry it out and should never have to. They go thru stages. It will get better. She's still so young and she needs to feel secure with mama.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Mine was 8 months old before she slept 6 solid hours.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2009