Anyone else see the Law & Order SVU episode tonight about the crazy mom who doesn't vaccinate?

It was chalk full of propaganda against moms who don't vaccinate. Pretty much what they were saying is that Anyone who doesn't vaccinate their child is a threat and danger to other children and your child will get sick and die from other unvaccinated children, and you the mother will be arrested for negligence .. They made the non-vaxing mom out to be a loon. It was really dumb.

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you! My sentiments, exactly!!!
    Anonymous

• What a flippin' crock. SHOVE IT, L&O!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It's pretty obvious they were leaning that way, but I noticed that they at least had Olivia, kind of on the other side. I'm sure there are lots of different television shows that focus on "real life issues," that will go against something someone believes. You can't please everyone, and it's drama.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Oh geez.. im a delayed vaxer and from what youre saying, I believe that was uncalled for. I dont watch Law and Order though.. so I didnt see the episode.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• mmmm. . . I'm all for a parents rights. . .but you DO have to think about the other kids you are putting at risk. If you CHOOSE not to vaccinate, then you should be doubly careful about who they are exposed to. Choices do come with responsibilities.

And I think you are being a bit oversensitive. The woman who looked like a loon was the kid who had the kid and was out partying and crazy all the time, losing her temper and going all Jerry Springer with her own mom.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• At least you were smart enough to see through the propaganda. Can you imagine how many people saw that episode and took the thoughts & info as gospel truth? Puh-leeeease. Unfortunately this kind of thing is becoming all too common.
    Anonymous

• What's really funny though is I had a mental bet going to see how long it took for someone on here to get mad.
    5 minutes I eat the chocolate cake-
    10 I eat an apple.
    Looks like I'm being healthy tonight
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• LOL, Has soon has he made the comment about vaxing I said I bet they are already talking about it on Cafemom and sure enough you are. I think it was a very very bad show, the play on the Casey Anthony thing was out of line, I do not think they should have played vaxing into it. I delay vax but my children are current now.
    Anonymous

• I think it was alot like the Caylee Anthony case if you think about it. The shovel, the mom going to party when her child is missing, steeling money,.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• This notion - that non-vaccinated children can infect vaccinated ones - is a BIG red light, isn't it ?

I mean, the medical establishment emphasizes relentlessly how important it is to vaccinate, how the known risks are far outweighed by the benefit of no illness. But if vaccinations work, if they confer immunity, then a vaccinated person would be at NO RISK from anyone not vaccinated !!

They can't have it both ways.

(I can't take credit for this bit of clear thinking - it was in an article written by a British doctor shortly after a small whooping-cough scare)

Look at it from another angle: if the medical establishment is accusing unvaccinated people of posing a risk to those who ARE vaccinated, then they must believe that the vaccinations DO NOT WORK. So, why the heck are they forcing increasing numbers of shots on increasingly young babies ??!

(Please pardon my hackles.)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009