• In the Spotlight:

For those who's husbands are/were deployed...

any ideas on Fathers Day gift? My hubby LOVES almond M&M's. But damn it, they don't do personalized almond m&m's! Only the plain ones. It's not that he needs anything, but I don't want him to feel left out, not a part of our lives, ya know? So, any ideas?

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We got a plain white picture frame and let the kids do some decorations on it, then took a nice photo of them to frame and sent it along with homemade cards. I would do something homemade if your child is at all old enough to help.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Have you ever done a photo book from Snapfish.com or a site like that? They aren't that expensive and they turn out so nice! We did that for my husband and he really enjoyed it!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• digital pic frame already loaded with pics (they make the small locker size ones he can put in his locker), a pillow case with the kids pictures (i did this for DH first time he was gone for fathers day, one side had her wide awake the other side her sleeping the guys all thought it was the cutest thing ever), a travel mug w/the kids pics so he can keep his drink cool or hot...pretty much anything with a picture of the kids on it, i get pictures from my husband all the time and in practically every one, one of the guys is using something, a shirt, a mug, a cup, etc...with their kids pics on it, maybe dogtags that have the kids names on them? handprints on something is good too (just use paint that won't wash off when they have to wash it) have the kids record a message to daddy on a digital recorder if they are old enough to talk..
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I was also thinking of the build a bear. They have a thing that the kids could record something. But I'm not sure how he would feel about us sending him a bear. Actually, the other guys would probably be jealous. I do like the pillow case, all the suggestions are great! Thanks!!
    (they are 7,10 and 12)
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Im probably just going to send him some pictures, a letter, and draw an outline of DD's hand. As for the M&Ms thing (you dont think theyd melt all over the place in Iraq/Afghanistan?), just send him the almond ones. yumm!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2009