If you stopped cleaning for a week or longer....

Would anything get done? Would your house be a disaster? I just don't understand how my husband can look into a dirty mirror everyday,(that he splashed water and shaving cream all over) and not want to take a rag and Windex to it. It boggles my mind!

BritlovesAva

Asked by BritlovesAva at 11:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If I don't clean, it would not get cleaned... Men just really do not care!!! Mine can not dry off with his towel before stepping onto the bathroom rugs, it urkes me to the fullest! Also he will eat something in the livingroom, and not take his dish to the kitchen (really it is not that hard)
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I did stop cleaning because I got crazy busy. There is crunched cereal in my floor from where my daughter threw it off her high chair and no one swept.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• mine is the same way. he will eat something then go back into the kitchen for another drink and leave the plate! you are already on your way to the kitchen come on! and he does the same thing with not drying off before stepping on the rugs drives me nuts, hes like the whole point of the rug is so you can step on the floor and not get it wet, i'm like well ya but then i have to wash it more so that it doesn't get moldy, if you just dry off your feet/legs in the shower and then get out, it wouldn't be an issue!
    but to answer your question, my house would look like the end of the world b/c no one would do anything. i went out of town for 2 weeks once b4 we had kids, he hadn't done a single load of laundry and had bought paper plates and cups so he wouldn't have to do dishes. then on top of that he went to the small gas station on base and had to ask the woman there how to clean the counters 2 hours before my train pulled in b/c.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• he knew i'd have a heart attack if i saw them. how can you not figure out how to clean counters on your own!! you are a grown man and can't read a bottle, it says spray then wipe dry! duh
    vabchmommy

• It's not that I can't do it all myself....it gets done well when I do, I just don't understand how he could live in a dirty mess! The other thing is, he says, "if you want me to help, tell me what to do." and then I feel like his mother or something! Why do I have to tell him? Can't he see? As you can see, I'm just a tad irritated! :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 11:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• vabchmommy!!!

That is funny...well not funny, but I'm glad it's not just me. I'm leaving for 17 days next month and I hope that he scoops the litter box.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 12:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Absolutely NOTHING would get done in my house. (My son would probably do at least a little something unlike my SO.) I would have the splashed water, along with toothpaste, all over the mirror and in the sink...along with hairs that supposedly get rinsed out. (HA! HA!) Let's see, how about the dog hair, dirt and grass all over the floor that no one seems to notice...the dirty clothes that seem to never quite make it to the hampers...the dirty dishes that can't make it to the sink...the trash that doesn't make it to the trashcans...the dogs' food and water bowls that only turn up empty when I walk by them...and worst of all is the dirty nasty ashtray that my SO never seems to notice is full and grotesque smelling. I could probably think of more, but I'm too tired to make my brain work any harder than it already has trying to keep up on the above items.
    blueyes581

Answer by blueyes581 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• if i dont clean... it will stay a disaster...no body in this house (all men of course) do anything.
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 12:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i married a man who is more of a neat/clean-freak than i ever was! so, yeah...things would get cleaned..in fact, he does 80% of the household-cleaning..and his own laundry. now, if only i could get him to aim his penis INSIDE the rim of the toilet when he urinates..heaven! (but then, he cleans the toilet/area in both bathrooms daily.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i went on strike once and it did work dh came to understand what i do all day everyday but what backfired was the mess i had to clean up. twice as bad. more laundry, more dirt, more toys, after day 2 i was twitching lol. but i stuck it out and again it worked but i also had a bigger mess to deal with. . thehairnazi can i borrow your dh? just to help me clean lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2009