Has anyone seen the new Burger King commercial?

Burger king has a new commercial out for .99 kids meals. My problem with this commercial is that it is not only for kids meals but is about spongebob and has these girls in school girl outfits dancing around shaking there stuffed butts (to look square) to a remake of the song "I like big butts" , they made it say I like square butts. I'm sorry but, I have a problem with this. Anybody else?

pages6

Asked by pages6 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Lol yeah I saw that, In this day and age It wasn't a shocker, They should find better idea for a kids commercial though.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• This is really a hot button for some people right now. Thankfully, my son is only two and the commercials he watches are rare.

I agree it's not a commercial for children's TV.

Love Burger King, though.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Yes, I think it is very inappropriate.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• when I first saw that one, I thought "OMG! This is WAY inappropriate!" talking about liking butts... WTF was burger king thinking!

not to mention that after that aired, my 3 year old really wanted the toys, went to BK and they DID NOT have them! I was pissed! it was the whole reason in eating out that night!
    Anonymous

• My eyes about popped out of my head. My son thought it was funny. I thought it was funny, but inappropriate for kids.
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 11:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I think that commercial is hilarious!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My boys have seen it over and over. They just like seeing Spongebob and that's it. Kids don't think the way we do.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sorry I love the commercial.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• From someone who LOVES that song...I think its hilarious! Kids don't think anything sexual about that song, or the commercial. They think its funny since everyone has square butts like spongebob. I've seen far worse commercials. My kids also like the song (which I have in my car CD player as we speak). They have no idea what its talking about, just that its about big butts. Thats the only part they know. That song was also featured on Shark Tale, so lots of kids know it but don't get what its about.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Agreed, not only wrong for children but wrong because very sexist. I think they are advertising to the wrong "children". As a woman I feel I dont want to have anything to do with a company that uses young females shaking their butts to advertise burgers or anything else.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 8:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009