Anyone been to Ocean City MD recently?

Researching a possible summer trip to Ocean City, MD in late June. I'm considering booking a motel that along the beach, but directly on the boardwalk to avoid some of the crowds and noise.

What are some must things to do and places to eat?

Nurse_in_2008

Asked by Nurse_in_2008 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2009 in Travel

• I have been going to OC for 27 years! We live 3 hours away..if you have any questions feel free to ask me! Well you must stand in the crazy long line for Thrasher french fries on the boardwalk! They are the best french fries. For ice cream- I would recommend Dumpsters. For Pizza- The Dough Roller. For a nice dinner (expensive) go to Reflections. Excellent food. For the little ones- the rides on the boardwalk or Jolly Rogers is another good attraction. There is a lot of mini golf. If you and hubby can get out at night go to Secrets.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We went there last summer and stayed at Frontier land campground in a cabin. Best place. Shuttle bus to and back for the beach and boardwalk. Lots of things for the little ones to do there. Also make sure you go to Astique (spelling wrong)island and see the wild ponies. They are absolutely beautiful. In fact that's the beach we went to the whole week. No crowds. We also ate at the Astique Inn. Home cooking and pretty good prices. Its a great vacation place. Plan on going back in 2010. This year is Myrtle beach. Have fun Enjoy!

Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 1:38 PM on May. 1, 2009