Why is everyone I know against me having another baby?!

I am 18. Husband has a set in job with my dad. I want another, it's my prerogative. I have a son who is just shy of three. Is it okay for me to stop my instinct just because of everyone else’s opinions? I am set with my life I'm going to be a mom that my life’s goal. I am a bit young but I have an already stable life. I don't party and what not I just do me. My mind, body, and heart are telling me BABY BABY BABY BABY!!!!

No bashing I don’t receive any support from the government or anything for all of you who jump to conclusions right away.

Jess_TheMom13

Asked by Jess_TheMom13 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Bridget is right on!! Do you! I'm 19 with 2 kids, my oldest is going to be 2 on Thursday. I'm an adult, and I certainly don't act 19, so they can mind their own business. Personally, I think it's absolutely horrid to have babies over the age of 30 (sense the sarcasm, please). Good luck with whatever you decide. =]

Oh, and way to go finishing high school!!
    MelanieLouise

Answer by MelanieLouise at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• you are not wrong do what you want you are an adult make your own choice
    kjsmama0206

Answer by kjsmama0206 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm 18, and if I were as lucky as you to be stable and married I would be having another baby right about now too, I want another one SO BAD, but I just have to wait around for a husband now. Go for it. It's not up to everyone else to decide whether or not your ready for another child. Good luck!! :)

kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 12:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Do YOU!!! Who cares what everyone else thinks??? If you two are stable in your relationship and financially . . . then why would anyone try to stop you?? I wish I would've had kids younger. You will see more of their lives and you already have one, so I know you don't want the siblings to be too far apart. I say GO FOR IT MAMA!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it doesn't matter what other people say.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• What are their reasons for wanting you to wait?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Just because I am in school still just about to graduate in June their like your not going to school! Your Kidding! & I'm like maybe just a community college just get the basics and then really figure out what I want to do. But lame I know.
    & I am still in school so all they do is just like talk crap about me and what not. (like it phases me PSH :] )
    But I just don't understand they real problem with it.
    Jess_TheMom13

Answer by Jess_TheMom13 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Isn't this a discussion you should be having with your husband? Having another child isn't about you and just what you want - it's about your family and what's best for everyone in it. Talk to him, not us.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well, really hun.
    We have discussed it all the time. He (as a good husband would) just wants me to be happy.
    So thats to that.
    I do actually have this cafemom account to talk to other moms about my lifes problems.
    :] So theres to that remark JPsMommy605
    Jess_TheMom13

Answer by Jess_TheMom13 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If you guys can provide for another baby, go for it.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009