Do you think it's wrong not to have the same party (Baptism) for the second

child as you did the first?? My first I had a big party in a hall etc... but it was a headache who's invited , family members can't make it so I just want Me, my husband, godparents, my sister & her hubby, my paernts & just go to a nice resturant or does that look bad for baby #2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The baby won't know...so who cares?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I really shouldn't care but my family will start to ask " Oh why didn't you have a party or think we didn't have the money for baby#2 I Have to stop worrying what they think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• no no, you should definitely have a baptism party for your second, its a special thing! its not like a 2nd baby shower, you are washing away your child's Original Sin and promising to raise your baby to the Lord! it's a special thing and there should definitely be a party
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wasn't saying not to have a party, but a smaller one would do just fine.
    Tell your family they can pay for the big hall and decorations and other expensive stuff.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope, that's fine. Don't cause yourself the stress just for appearances. If anyone complains say "well, then YOU plan and pay for the party and we'll just show up."
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Plus with the economy do I want to spend 4,500 ? NOt really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am the youngest of 5 so I dealt with hand me downs and parents that were "over it", when it came to me. I always told ppl, the older 4 were the roughdraft for the final masterpiece! You learned your lesson witrh the headaches and all from the first baptism party. I say give your kid a nice birthday party to make up for it IF YOU FEEL BAD about it. I don't think our kids notice these things as much as us moms do. I also think that we parents throw our kids big parties so that the grown ups see "HOW MUCH WE LOVE OUR KIDS"! Yeah, right, lol. Wait til they get older and can appreciate it. My son still has questions about the big costume party I threw for him when he was 5. I look at him and say "I'm not throwing a big $600 party for you ever again until you know the value of money.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ...why does it have to be that much????? my sons baptism party cost maybe 150 LOL!!!! the baptism was free but my parents gave him $50 and we had it at my parents house and bought like... rolls and meat and a veggie trey... 4500 dollars omg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OHHHH the SAME baptism party........ i read it as 'a baptism party at all' yeah 4500 no way i would pay that. a little one is fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Im laughing at this...not at you, but I know the feeling of wanting to make sure all my kids got the same time and attention as the other one. I have 4 kids, so when I looked through their baby books as I was packing them up,(we are moving), I noticed that my oldest child, now 14, has a full book. Every tooth, every hair, every moment is recorded...baby no 2, most teeth, most pictures, but not quite as many...no 3, the first 4 teeth, no hair, and 1 picture....baby no 4....one picture. I feel so horribe, but its not an indication at all of how much l love my kids. If you realistically cannot duplicate this party, then don't. I think eating out wtih family will be great. We do baby dedications. With my last child, we all went to a local mexican restaurant and had a great time. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself and save that money for his college. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009