Teen moms vs Thirty something moms

What are the thoughts. Just curious.

chaster

Asked by chaster at 12:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I'm one of those 30 plus but closer to 40 moms who is still cool and still looks good! My only thought for a teen mom is just to stay in school so that when baby is in school too, Mom can get a good job and continue to live her life the way she dreamed of. Teen moms also have more energy and are still young when their kids are 18! They do it like the Europeans do it. As an old mom (kids born at 33/34) I was ready, had traveled the globe, done career and mentally had the patience to mellow out and do the job. That said, I am a coffee junkie now but I workout to stay energized. I wouldn't switch it but it's what I chose in life. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• okay i read this short story called 'To Room Nineteen' by Doris Lessing that is about a 30 something mother who once her youngest children went to school she went CRAZY because i guess she wasnt used to the responsibility and once she got some freedom she went crazy... well i wont say the rest but omg it made me JUST a little glad that i never knew such freedom because maybe i would turn out like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• what about the 20 something moms? lol, left out in the middle.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would say 20 year old moms are pretty close to teenage moms :)
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 12:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sorry about that GreekMama. Didn't mean to exclude.
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 1:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ha ha, it's okay. well, i guess i would fall into the 30 something category...i'm only a year from turning 30, uh-oh, can't believe it already.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I started at 18, had him when I was 19. Again at 19, had her at 20. Lost him 1.5 months after she was born. Got pregnant again at 22, lost him 5 months in. Pregnant again at 23, had her when I was 23. Got pregnant with ferternal twins at 25, had them when I was 26. I was too young and foolish, didn't know squat!!! My mom was no help(I mean she didn't encourage bc or anything!). I'm done even though some say I should give my son a brother!!! I've finally learned my lesson! Bottom line I'd go by maturity not age!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• aw lady im so sorry! what happened?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i got pregnany at 20 had her at 21 (5 years tomorrow :) ) im not for teen moms, but im also not for people having kids in their late 30's either...and 40's..well..thats just wrong..lol, unless your 40 and you adopt a kid thats already like 5-6..then thats ok..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• as a sorta teen mom. i'm am currently happy.. but at the same time i never really got the chance to "see the world" and all that stuff. all my friends do a bunch of fun stuff every weekend. and i'm all alone. but i do have my baby.. and i love her dearly.. and wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING. not even for the chance to have waited to have her. i love her too much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009