When I die and if I go to heaven will I have to see my horrible mother in law and father in law there eternally if they were to go to heaven too?

I wish it can just be me and my son together no one else around us, can that happen for those of you who have read all the bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• meh. I think theyll still be around. They might not be as mean. Besides, theres gonna be millions of people there... they might just get lost in the crowd, who knows!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Your in laws won't be the people that you remember even if you did see them. We are on a negative planet and all our thoughts and emotions are a derivative of being here. On the other side, it's all love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I believe heaven will be conflict free. and All of Gods children will be there. The bible speaks of a Reunion of those who have passed before the 2nd coming of Christ and those who live to see the day...
    To be Reunited with loved ones....
    In heaven there will be no sin... there will be no pain, no suffering....
    I wouldnt know if you would see your in-laws there or not, or if it would be just you and your son... but i imagine it will be perfect and peaceful....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If they are born again Christians as well as you yes... you will see them but you must understand we will not think they are mean or horrible we will see them as God truly sees them. If you are a Christian.. you might want to forgive them for what ever you feel they did wrong to you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• There was a discussion here recently in which many people stated they believe that we won't even recognize our loved ones from this Earth in Heaven.... so maybe you won't even notice?

I don't know... I don't even believe in Heaven... just going off of bits of memory here.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• if all of you make it to heaven, then yes, you'll see them for eternity, along with a lot of other people. if there'e something bad between you and them, perhaps you need to pray about the situation, forgive them, and get on with enjoying life. there have been people in my life i didn't particularly care for, for one reason or another, and didn't care to associate with them. i'm not anymore worthy of heaven then they are..and if we see each other there, i'm sure our mortal-time will be forgotten, and those negatives won't matter. heaven is all positive!! God loves them and you, and can forgive/accept all of you..therefore, you must be able to do the same w/them, as well. unforgiveness is a serious stumbling block to the happiness and wholeness of the soul. life is supposed to be lived..not dreaded.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes and everyone will feel love for each other.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 2:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

I agree 100%

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If they were there then yes. I have to tell you though Seeing Jesus would humble them and they would not be the same peoepl you know or have the same attitude.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Islam teaches that if person sincerely believes in GOD and worships him as he revealed in his final revelation and if he tries to live life accordingly, repents, seeks forgiveness and does not seek to worship anyone other than God and submit to him as those who submit (islam) then they will go to paradise if God so wills. So to answer your question, if you were to be a believer in submitting to God as he revealed through islam, and so did you inlaws and you all sought forgiveness for your sins and truly repented before GOD, then you may go to paradise together. Ultimately who makes it to paradise is by the Will of God and what you have done in this life is forgivable if he wills...given that you do not worship anyone other than the creator. For those who do worship others than the creator then Allah says he will never forgive that you worship other than him and that is the only way someone doesn't make it to paradise.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009