Is it your place?

when you see a friend doing something that you arent 'supposed' to do, do you tell them? i was visiting a friend once and she breast fed/supplemented with formula and my friend would heat the bottle up in the microwave AND use it all day until it ran out. but i didnt say anything and to this day her daughter has never gotten sick. i just dont feel like its my place to tell someone else how to parent unless they ask my advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is pretty wrong and gross. I dont think it would be my place to say anything, it would just start an argument. Just like the mamas that choose to introduce solids before 6 months of age... I dont think its right, some doctors and governmental groups dont think its right, but its not my place to tell them they are wrong.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• That's unsanitary in sooo many ways!!!! Next time you see something wrong like that PLEASE say something!!!! You never know, it could mean the difference between life and death!!!! I wish I had someone tell me what I was doing wrong!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• is she using the same bottle all day, or reheating the same formula all day? either way, she needs to at least rinse it out, before reusing..anything is better than nothing. that's kinda gross.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• yeah but i feel like it should be a PROFESSIONAL to tell her and not me. i am not a perfect parent by any means.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Tell her that heating ANY plastic in the microwave releases cancerous toxins. TRUE. Even tv dinners. Pop them onto a glass plate and heat.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• jean thats what my mom told me but i read on snopes that that is a lie!!!!

and thank you serious, thats how i feel, that it would start an argument or that she would resent me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• oh and also, her daughter was born on November 4th, i saw her when she was 9 weeks because she lives 300 miles away from me and now shes almost 6 months and has still never been REALLY sick (at least seriously ill) so i dont know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009