Why Does He Do This?!?!

My son headbutts stuff like me, he's done it to the wall just random things but he ends up hurting himself or the person he does it to and then cries like you killed him... Why does he do this and how or should I stop it?(he's 8 months old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only thing you can do is tell me no over and over again. He'll eventually stop. Every kid finds some like this that they do. For some kids it's hitting and biting so be thankful your son isn't a biter. My son went through a faze where he would hit us in the face, we'd tell him no, so of course he'd do it again. Then he would hug and kiss us like he was apologizing, then smack us in the face again! They just are looking for reactions at this age. They're learning cause and effect.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My brother used to beat his head on stuff when he had migrains, I doubt your son does it for the same reason, but he will eventually learn that he is the one hurting himself.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009