why is it so easy for a man to walk out on their kids?

Q-Tea

Asked by Q-Tea at 2:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Because they are not programmed to be compassionate and understanding!!! From a biblical stand point: sin, sin has flawed us all so the things that people USED to hold value to(this includes God's word, the bible) like religion, marriage, family life, and morals have gradually over the years begun to deminish! Its sad and heartbreaking when a parent walks away, but to them they probably had a legit reason! If you're going threw this yourself or your watching your friend go through it , I'm sorry for your loss!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Because the woman makes it difficult for them to stay, or they don't want the man to see their children so the man gives up rather than have the woman take him to court to stop him. It's not always black and white and it's not always the mans fault.

My hubby is going through this now, she makes it too hard for him to see the kids (lying and manipulating the system), he's about to give up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• That is not true I did everything in my power to make sure my daughter's farther wouldn't have an excuse as to why he couldn't be there or see her or whatever the case was.yes its not always the man fault .Some men are just trifling like that ,they can come from a good family its not always about coming from a broken home ,that's men .

I FEEL YOUR HURT FROM SINGLE MOM TO SINGLE MOM, GOD BLESS!!!

PS ..Time will heal itself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

•  No No No, It is NOT EASY for a man to walk out. Usually thay are PUSHED OUT..

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You know every situation is different. I truly don't know why or how they can walk away. In my situation my ex chose drugs over his kids. I can't say that I am upset about him walking away as I do not want my chidren exposed to drugs. However for the kids sake I hope he pulls his head out of his ass some day and gets clean. Until then he will not be allowed around my babies. Meth is a horrible, horrible drug.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Many women from the moment the child is born make sure the dads do not bond with their children. They don't allow them to help with feeding, changing or anything. Many women complain their husbands do not help but when you look closely the women don't let their husbands help. I did this in the beginning with my son. My husband felt shut out and not a part of the family. When he tried to help all he got was nagging and was told he was not good enough. We went to marriage and family counseling and our counselor told me if I kept it up I would find myself a single mom.

I finally stepped back and instead of it being my son and I my husband was a part of things as well. He started getting up and helping me with the baby. I let go my need to control everything and did not nag when he didn't do things my way. He was able to bond with our child. I agree most men are pushed out by years of neglect and nagging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know with my ex-husband, he saw our kids as restraints on him. They were "not enabling him to be free" as he put it to me. He wanted to be able to go out and party, play softball, drink, have sex all the time, and have that kind of life, but having to deal with the kids would keep him from being able to do anything he wanted. So he just left. I doubt he feels bad about it either.
    ouriko

Answer by ouriko at 11:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Because they are self-absorbed creatures by nature. They can never fully understand the responsibility that mothers have with their children. Either that or they just let things go for so long they don't know what to do and just "hope" that when the child grows up they will come to THEM and establish a relationship.. Big no no.. my husband is doing this now with his "estranged" teen and my dad did it to me.. Guess what? I really could care less if he is in or out of my life at this point!
    Anonymous