would you feed your child...

something that you absolutely would not eat yourself???
i haaaaaaatttte APPLE SAUCE n everything about it.
i would not could not eat it Sam I AM.. lol
i allow my baby to have it now that she can feed herself, but when she was a baby
i just couldnt stomach it long enough to feed her. (not the smell; not the site, not the thught)

but when it comes to something like pork. We just dont eat pork and i will not let any1 else feed my baby pork. nothing against it, i was just raised with no pork in my diet

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 2:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are things that I use to hate to eat, but I have made myself eat them to get my children to eat it because it is healthy for them- like Spinach, celery, etc. Now, if its something that I am truly against I will not make then eat it. And as with anything my children eat before me and get the best of what we have- because IMO they are the youngest and should get it for the sake of thier health. Example- if we are just about out of bread, I will make them a sandwich with the bread and then I would eat the heels. I know heels is bread, but to them its yucky! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I use to think that way.. but my son is like his father and likes a lot of foods that I just can't eat.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yep. I don't want my kids growing up picky like I did.

A good example is that they love salad, and I can't stand lettuce. Doesn't stop them from scarfing it down though.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• a parent should always give their child the opertunity to try everything, no matter what they think personaly about that food.
    So many kids grow up without veggies because their parents hate them or some kids don't know how good a banana is because a parent hates them.
    I hate alot of food but I don't deny my kids. I buy what they like regardless of my taste.
    I have a friend who never fed her kids peas until they had them at my house...she told me they were just being polite and didn't really like them! no they did like them! but she won't buy them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I give my kids yogurt even though I fear everything about yogurt. I figure it's good for them. As far as fruits and vegetables are concerned, I eat all of them..They are the picky ones about that. Mayonnaise, they will be okay without it. Not only do I have a mayo phobia, I think it's just not good for them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son is sooo picky. I let him eat jello even though I can't stand it. Probably because of all those boys in grade school that played with it like it was slime and then squirted it between their teeth. Ooooh, Yuck!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It depends. There are some things I won't eat b/c they are just gross to me- examples are sushi, octopus, pickled eggs (again, to me they are gross; if you eat them, that's great!). Things like that, no, I would not feed them to my child. But there are some things I have tried and do not like, such as asparagus or saurkraut (sorry about the spelling), that if my children like them, they are welcome to them. The only one I wouldn't cook is saurkraut, the smell makes me sick, so if they want that, they have to go to grandma and grandpa's house and have it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You will never ever catch a lima bean on my table ever lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009