Why?...relationship question

I am trying to understand something and need some advice. I hope to get some insight as to why I am doing this...or, better yet....Why?

Anyhow, it seems everytime I break it off with my BF. Or, he breaks it off with me.....I feel better??....it's like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I don't cry or feel sad....I do miss him after about a week or so. And I have cried before...But, initially I feel better???

Why do I feel this way?......Guess, I am just trying to understand myself better...

Anyhow, Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• You're afraid of getting hurt so what do you do!? Sabatoge the relationship!!! By getting him to leave protects your heart from getting broken!!! Now you'll leave only if your options run out! As long as you don't want a stable relationship keep it up! However becareful not to push the wrong one( mr. right) out of your life!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I dont;a understand your question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am wondering why?? ..I don't miss my Ex???....we have been dating for over a year now...and i think i love him....So, if i do....then, why is it when we break up I don't get more emotional about it???.....

That's the question!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It sounds to me like you're just not that into him. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think because its relieving to know that you don;t have to try to make it work. Its less things to fail at. Its probably fear motivated. So basically it sounds like...you cant live with him, but you cant live without him either?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When my ex-bf and I broke up I felt the same way. We had been together for almost 3 years, but when it was over, it was a relief. I wasnt broken hearted, or really even sad. I was actually happy for the first time in a long time. Looking back, I think it was because deep down I knew we weren't right for each other. Our relationship was exhausting and when it was over I could finally breathe again. .
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Because you really don't want to be in the relationship. Then after a week or so you start to miss the idea of A RELATIONSHIP ( not necessarily with him). Things become habit. You start to miss the calls, etc. but it isn't about 'him" its about you and wishing you were in a relationship ( that you want to be in). I get it.. I'm probably one of the only wives that are happy when my husband deploys.
    Anonymous