why is it so hard to find friends that do not make you feel like crap or try to?

My so called friend just moved into a house recently nothing fancy or a big deal to me really, I am happy for her but she is just renting so no biggy right. Well WHEN and IF she texts me she is always saying stuff like "my HOUSE is sooo nice" "my HOUSE is so cold"...my house my house my house...never how are you, wanna hang out, etc...when they bought a car it was the same way..my car is so cool. My other "friend" did the SAME thing when she rented a house! Do you think I am suppose to envy them or what?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• THEY think that yes, just say like 'oh that sucks' or 'thats nice' and nothing else! dont give them what they want!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i never answer them when they get like that because the "oh that sucks" or "oh cool" are the utmost things I hate to be told...its such a selfish way to get rid of someone I think. But I get whatcha mean ;)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• She is just excited. If you had that, you'd probably say the same thing. She is not trying to hurt you on purpose. I think someone is jealous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If I was jealous I would be giving into her and dwelling on it because I wanted it myself. These ladies have done more then just this one thing about thier new rental homes...they are always doing that when they get something nice, they shove it in my face, not simply tell me or talk to me about it.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You are dwelling on it or you wouldn't have posted it on here. If you think she does it intentionally, then why are you her friend???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sounds to me like you are being over-sensitive. I am in the process of buying a house, and it's all I can talk about, because it is what is on my mind. If you were a good friend you would be supportive and happy for her, not be sensitive because she has nicer things than you. How would you feel if things were reversed? Wouldn't you want your friend to be excited about your new car or house or outfit? It's hard to be friends with someone who won't share the big things in your life.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am totally happy for her and I let her know that, I guess I expected more from you ladies then "im dwelling, and over sensitive"...I supported her a %100 but how she is going about it she is rubbing it in my face and she is just renting a house not buying it. They never talk to me even when I am there to support them, open my house to them, babysit for them so on so forth they never call or anything unless they have something new to show in my face and it is usually to just say "my new HOUSE is so cool...." and empathized like that too! Why would they only TEXT to say those one little things instead of converse with me like friends are suppose to...
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• How about changing the subject? Or ask them over to have coffee or tea? Or have a bbq and invite them. There's got to be more to talk about besides houses. And I have to agree with the ladies above, you are being overly sensitive. They are joyful and want to share that with you. If they didn't care about you they wouldn't bother.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have a friend who brags about everything she has. She hasn't always been this way....it's just that she grew up poor and is now proud of what she has. She doesn't know any other way to express her gratefulness. I cherish her friendship anyway and let some things go because she's a great friend. I know it's not easy but if you value your friendship you will let it go. I don't think your friends want you envious, they just want to include you in their happiness...if that makes any sense.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 10:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2009