if your little two year old took 7 steps alone is she walking ?

i wan to know what is consider the ability to walk some people say when they cruise some when they take steps so when is it ? please you have to realize she cruised for a year without letting go completely, she did gross motor exercises pulling or holding to a heavy toy but today she took 7 steps alone no holding at all, does that mean we have reached the milestone after so much worry?

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 3:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Late late walker huh? Have you mentioned that to her pediatrician? I'm sure you have....if everything is alright by the doctor then I wouldnt worry hun. Seven steps alone is the begining to walking, give her a week it will be fourteen steps lol then gradually more. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'd say you have a walker on your hands. congratulations!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes. Walking without holding on is walking. Walking whie holding on to something is cruising.
    Congrats! It was hard earned and worth it!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Did you say your child is 2? Does her doctor know that she isn't walking yet? That is not normal, at all. Unless there is a reason she hasn't walked yet, I would get to a doctor and find out why.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009