is anybody else worried about swine flu?

i live in nz and we had 11 students who travel to mexico and contracted the swine flu it is being reported on our news all the time for the past 3 days they say that 103 people died from it over in mexico is your country making a big hype about it to and are you really worried? or think the media is just over the top.

tumtum360

Asked by tumtum360 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• I live in California which borders Mexico...it is spreading here quickly..more then 103 have gotten it and died I believe and counting. Most cases are in San Diego. Im in sacramento. I am worried I think it was planned. Scientist in Mexico where playing God and someone got the insight on it and decided to kill some people off if not man kind! They somehow got a hold of this new experiment and spread it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I live in southern california roughly 2 hours from the mexico / cali border, in all honesty I am not too worried - I am keeping a good eye on myself DH and both kids and the first sign of anything we will be at the hospital emergency room getting treated.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes I am extremely worried about it. I purposely watched Oprah yesterday with Dr Oz. Very informative. Wash Hands A Lot, Use Purell A Lot. I'm becoming a germ freak.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm in SoCal as well and I'm not concerned in the least. I think the media needed something to freak everyone about and ran with it. Started throwing around words to make people panic.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think it's all media. Mexico has poor health care compared to a lot of countries, so it makes sense that they are more likely to die from it there. If you are already in poor health, hungry, etc, then any illness will take it's toll on yoru body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Is the first poster serious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009