Smoking cigs...

I am 15 weeks preg and still smoking, I have tried to quit endlessly, but still find myself lighting up. I know this is horrible for my babys oxygen supply, so i dont need any "what are u doing??" responses, Just anyone who had a hard time quitting and how u managed to do so. PLZ desperate :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just knew my childs health was more important than about 10 min of smoking a cigarette, and i quit cold turkey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You just gotta replace the habit with something else. I used an oven timer when I was first pregnant.. I set it for every hour for 2 days.... smoked only when it went off.... then I set it for every 1.5 hours for 2 days and only smoked 1/2 a cig when it went off....then I started skipping the smoking altogether. I managed to work my way down to not smoking in about 2 weeks. There are hundreds of techniques.... just keep trying hon.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• IM 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AND TODAY IS DAY 4 WITHOUT A SMOKE FOR ME. I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THREW, YOUR NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO STOP UNTIL U REALLY WANT TO. IT TAKES 3 DAYS FOR THE NICOTINE TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM COMPLETELY AFTER THAT IT IS JUST HABIT. AND A CIG CRAVING ONLY LAST 3 MINUTES, SO WHILE YOU ARE CRAVING KEEP BUSY CAUSE IT WILL PASS. THAT IS WHAT I HAD TO DO THE LAST 4 DAYS, IT VERY VERY HARD ESPECIALLY THE FIRST DAY BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT. JUST KEEP TRYING AND IF YOU CANT STOP THEN CUT BACK.. WAY BACK..
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 6:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• think about your child. jeeze and stop be selfish!!!! poor child...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes, I have cut WAY back, but have been smoking at least 4-5 a day, which is a lot better than my pack a day, i dont do any drugs or drink, but the smoking has been hard for sure. Maybe i will try sunflower seeds... lol
    Oh, and Anonymous :39 ur an idiot, if i was not trying to stop and needed a little help FROM PEOPLE WHO HAD TROUBLE ALSO, i wouldnt ask the question :) tx tho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• And Thank you, pacemyself and allie very helpful :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It is a journey.I smoked with all of mine but that was another time when the danger of eating fish was more important than smoking.Do the best you can,drink lots of water,buy some fresh fruit or even candy,you are pregnant,which is more dangerous,a few extra pounds or smoking?I will tell you this,For some people,smoking is part of oral fixations.Get something to keep in your mouth all the time(dirty minds be still) a straw,suckers,gum,etc.and for some it is having to have something to do with the hands.Do some hook rugs or knitting or painting or something.For some it is a chemical addiction,so you may have to wean yourself off of cigarettes.Good luck and know that even thinking about quitting is a GOOD start.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Oh and every time you want to smoke,go for a walk .It is good for the baby ,makes the birth easier and will keep your weight down.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ANON-: 01, GIVE HER A BREAK YOU JACKASS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes, i think a lot of it has to do with the oral fixation, i think i will go sunflower seeds b/c they are more something to do rather than something to eat, which i think will help. TY :)

And tx again Anon :01 for letting me know how "shitty" i am, Im not the first person in world to do this, so if u could kindly stfu...thanks, i hope u have a great day, i love you :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009