This question is sorta geared to longer time CM members......

When I first became a member about a month ago I started to know alot of the screen names. I am finding myself getting a little burnt out with CM. It seems like the same ole' questions everyday. I said to my hus last night that I am getting alittle board with CM. Also I havent been seeing the same screen names that I was so used to seeing everyday. Is this common on here, like you hit CM really hard for like a month then it fizzels out?

bristle3kids

Asked by bristle3kids at 7:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are times that I do get bored on here. The key is to find a really great group or friends and bond with them. Now in the mornings the first thing I think of is "Oh, I have to check with so and so, and see what happened with her child yesterday." Personally, I wouldn't be here on CM if it wasn't for the bonds I have with a few women on here.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Not really, I love Cafemom but I spend more time on here when its cold outside, now that its warm out a lot of people stop. Getting on here so much
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have been a member since 2007, some just get tired of it and some get kicked off! Sometimes I get bored with the questions and that is when I go back to the groups that are my favorites.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I occasionally get bored especially when it seems to be the same old arguments day in and day out. Sometimes I actually go looking for those really drama filled posts just to make things interesting (I don't comment on them but I read them). If I get really bored I just step away for a few days/weeks.
    I've been a member since January 2007. When I joined there wasn't all these fancy things. We had pictures and journals and that was it. It was harder to get to know people but I still made a ton of friends. Then they started groups and the place really took off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I can get bored with it, and you're right a lot of times it is the same questions. I think that is understandable when there are soooo many of us out here. Plus new moms don't know that they are asking the same questions that have already been completely covered add nausium. Hollidays are slow because we are all busy with family, and summer is slower too because we can all be outside and we all have kids at home. Some moms who were expecting and ticking away the days on this sight are not on as often anymore because the reality of motherhood has now sunk in with the birth of their LO. So even though it is always changing...it kind of stays the same...make any sense?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i've been a member for 2 years (joined in march 07). i've thought of deleting my account a few times but every time something new and exciting comes around and i end up staying. to me its just like myspace or facebook- its exciting for a little bit then it goes away but comes back again!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ive been a member for some time (maybe 2yrs).. and really enjoy it here.. I think it helps to be in groups that really mean something. Right now most of my groups are scrapbooking (my hobby), homeschooling (questioning to homeschool my dd or not) and a few sex tips groups (love keeping in spicy in the bedroom & its great to get ideas from other moms!)

If there is something you have a problem with, enjoy doing, or want to learn more about there is a group for it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree with the PP's. It does get boring sometimes. I have had a couple times where I went away for a few days, and I just came back after about three months away. So, I know how it is. When i get bored with the questions, I either ask a new one, or I go visit my fav groups and have some fun in them.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank You so much Girls - That is a great idea about the groups, maybe I will do that. In the mean time I will see you all around! :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009