How soon did you discover you were pregnant?

Can you tell me at what stage in the cycle you tested?
What you used to test?
Did the test result in a full pregnancy?
And what, if any strange symptoms you may have had that made you believe that you were not pregnant but was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i tested when my boobs started hurting really bad. that was when i knew. i used the digital test from ept and also i used the first responce test. when i tsted myself i was 3 weeks pregnant at the time. my little girl is almost 7 months. good luck
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I was about three days late. I seriously had no idea. My neighbors husband told me I was. Weird enough. His wife was about seven months pregnant at the time and he told me I was acting just like her in the beginning. I didn't have a single symptom except for being kinda wishy washy which I never am. But all of a sudden commericals made me bawl my eyes out. And I felt really bloated from day one. Am I mean REALLY you don't feel comfortable in any of your clothes. I just thought I was going to have a really bad period plus it was Christmas time some between cookies and other holiday treats I thought I was just gaining some winter weight!! Oh yeah EPT is the best!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My husband and I started trying in September. I went off the pill mid July and we used condoms until the first of September just to get all the meds out my system. I had a period at the end of October and then didn't have one in November. When not on the pill, my periods are very irregular. They can be monthly or I have gone five months, so I wasn't expecting to get pregnant right away. Anyway we were planning on going out drinking with one of my cousins over the Christmas holidays and I thought maybe I should take a test, just in case, even though I didn't at the time think I had any symptoms. I wasn't expecting it to say pregnant. Turns out I did have symptoms, but I thought they were PMS symptoms - slight cramping, peeing slightly more than normal, feeling a bit "off" after eating sometimes - anyway I took a digital test - Clear Blue Easy I think. CONT
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When I went in for the first prenatal appointment we thought I was 10 weeks, but then at the ultrasound a week and a half later I was 8 weeks at that point. So I got pregnant somewhere around Thanksgiving or a little before.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i was a month and a week when i found out and typically it takes a month to find out if you are pregnant
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 3:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I didn't find out until I was about 7 weeks, But, what was weird was that I hadn't gotten my period since November (my periods are VERY irregular), and because we were short on money, we got a little cheapy test in December. It looked like it said negative (which it was). Well, January rolled around and still no period. Next thing I know, DH is always bringing up his "unborn child" and constantly saying that he just KNEW I was pregnant. He said this a lot, but this time he didn't let up. I started noticing changes, but was doubtful, thinking I was just gonna have one heck of a period. I took a test Jan.10...and it came out negative. Of course, DH said he didn't care what the test said. He insisted I was prego. Well, Feb.14th came along and I was forced to take another test. Yup...it said PREGNANT(Clear Blue Easy). We had conceived Jan.3. Hubby was right all along...lol.
    Waiting4Oct.10

Answer by Waiting4Oct.10 at 7:24 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I tested the day my period was due to arrive. Don't remember the brand of test I used but it shows one line if the result is negative and 2 if positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I was like 7 weeks along when I found out. I used some cheap home pregnancy test and couldn't tell if it was a 2nd pink line or if it was just my imagination b/c it was sooooo light. So, then we went and bought an expensive ept brand that said pregnant or not pregnant, so that one said I was pregnant. I had no pregnancy signs but a missed period and I did carry the baby full term.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:10 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I knew the moment of conception. I spent a few years getting in tune with my body. It sounds odd, I know, but it is true.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:31 AM on May. 2, 2009

• With this pregnancy, I was about 8 weeks along. We weren't planning on anymore and hadn't done anything different. I had just started Zyrtec and had started painting the house, so I thought that was the reason I was late. Then when it got to be close to a month I decided to take a test, not expecting it to be positive. I then called the doctor to make sure the meds wouldn't make me have a false positive.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 8:32 AM on May. 2, 2009