Now that i'm pregnant ,when I sleep on my side it hurts my hip....is that normal?

lilmma2b

Asked by lilmma2b at 8:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes that is normal. put a pillow between your knees when you sleep on your side. it helps relieve the pressure on your hip.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• (*sigh*) what she said. I think I'm going to break down and buy a body pillow!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes.... it is common. Like PP, I had to sleep with a pillow between my knees. As I got bigger, I also had to add one behind me to support the small of my back, and one under my belly as well. I basically was sleeping in a big nest made out of pillows.

My DH (at the time) hated my nest... but without it, I was in pain all night and would toss and turn and get very little sleep. He was just an ass about it at first... but then one day he tried out my nest and thought it was really comfy! Then my biggest problem was him trying to steal my pillows! LOL. 

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009