Worried.

My daughter is sick. She's running a fever, she isnt sleeping right (she's acting like her body hurts her), she's somewhat nauseous and I'm worried that she has swine flu. My husband works at a plastic company with a good portion of mixed races. I'm afraid and I'm thinking about sending my husband to his moms until this blows over (as that's one of the steps) as well as my mom (she's a nurse). What should I do? I'm so terrified as a 23 month old in Texas just died and she's only 16 months!!!!
Please help!

cthorn14

Asked by cthorn14 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Hun, whenever you're that concerned, CALL HER DOCTOR! We at CM can't examine your little girl and tell you whether she has the swine flu, or just a common virus. Her doctor can do tests.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't know if this will help, but maybe.

" In humans, the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general, namely chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness and general discomfort. The strain responsible for the 2009 swine flu outbreak in most cases causes only mild symptoms and the infected person makes a full recovery without requiring medical attention and without the use of antiviral medicines.[2]"

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_influenza)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2009