I'm 8dpo, when is the soonest I can test?

In my cycle I am at day 24. I am 8 days past ovulation and am supposed to start on Monday (Please dear God no). When is the soonest I can take a home pregnancy test? Is it true that the dollar store brands are higher in sensitivity than the First Response tests?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I completely understand! I was supposed to start last Monday, and didn't, so took a test, and it was negative. Now my doctor wants me to wait until Monday to test again. It's driving me crazy! My cycles have been screwed up since I had a miscarriage in January. Good luck to you, and lots of baby dust! I would wait until at least Tuesday to test, but the longer you wait, the better! It's hard seeing that negative hpt.
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 4:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• All tests are really made the same. If you should start Monday I would wait until Friday to take one. Some tests can be a little more sensitive to the hcg levels but you still want to wait until 3-5 days before or a few days after your missed period.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• There are some that advertise they can tell five days before a missed period....I don't remember which brand that is though. But I would just wait like the first girl said, its probably just a safer bet to wait until after you've missed.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank you!! It's the waiting that is going to drive me nuts. Geez I swear I need a hobby.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2009