How did you tell.....?

Your in-laws you were pregnant?

My hubby and I weren't married at the time, and had only been together for 5 mos. I went over and had dinner at their house (he was still living with them) and after dinner we were getting ready to leave, and I told him he HAD to tell them, (I was going on 3 mos along) so he turned to them and said "Hey you guys wanna hear something funny?" They both looked at him and he finished "Bisket's got a bun in the oven."

I just about died....and his mother just about killed me with the look on her face. His father said "You better be joking" about five times. I'll never forget the way MILs jaw locked..hehe. A few weeks later things were a lot warmer, once they got used to the idea of having another grandbaby.

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my dh just called his mom and said tabbys pregnant. but thats how his family is. lol. even when there happy u cant tell. but everyone knew we were trying it was just a matter of time when they got the call. my mom on the other hand was thrilled.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We never told them and they have no idea if its a girl or boy or when the baby was born. She is 7 months old right now and my MIL heard it threw the grape vine and said she didn't want anything that came from me and that she has enough grandkids and didn't want mine so we never told them and they have and will never see her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My DH and I weren't married either when we found out we were pregnant and had only been dating for 4 months. I had only met his parents once. They were the easy ones to tell b/c she wanted a grandchild so bad and has been begging her kids for one for awhile. So, we called them right after we found out and they were so excited. Now, my mom on the other hand, we were so scared. She's a very strong christian woman and I think she thought I was still a virgin. We waited a few weeks and sat her down and told her. Boy, were we so nervous!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• With our first we were'nt married either. We had my in laws over for dinner and we told them. They were happy for us. Of course, coming from a christian family they asked are we going to get married. I had no idea if we were or not, but my husband proposed soon after the baby was born. We are still married and now have 2 more kids. With my last pregnancy, we were very emotional in telling my FIL because my MIL past away just 2 years before. We were both on the phone telling him and we all cried because we were so happy! We got our little girl and gave her my MIL's middle name.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• With our first we went over to their house the day after getting a + HPT and he just blurted it out. They were a little shocked but excited. We had only been together 5 months by then (we were engaged, though). With our 2nd I made my mil a sweatshirt that said "World's Greatest Gramma" and put all the grandkids names on the back along with #6...coming soon.
    She wore it out to dinner before one of the other family members noticed that. I thought she was going to faint. With the last two he just called her and told her to get ready because the next baby was coming. We haven't told anyone about my pregnancy now. Only my friend (because she's on CM with me) knows and I'm 13 weeks along.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well my hubby told his parents over the phone since they live in Mexico. We weren't married at the time either, so they asked to talk to me too haha. But they just said congrats and to take care of myself and send lots of pictures. LOL.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I made him call his parents. I had just met them for the first time the month before (we lived in a different state at the time).
    Mommy2_two

Answer by Mommy2_two at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well i showed my husband a pic of the test. then he called his mom and told her about it. she said i needed to take another test to be sure. she called every hour for about 3-4 hours to see if i had taken another one yet. he called her back and told her it was positive too. then he called his sister and she blabbed to his other 3 sisters and their fams. i was mad because our bridal shower was that weekend and i didnt want anyone to know until i went to the dr and told my mom. next time (hopefully soon) i plan on adding a pic to my pics on facebook (both our familys our on there) and seeing how long it takes people to notice! LOL
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• to be completely honest -- i dont even know when DH told his FiL...we weren't talking to MIL at the time....that's interesting...lol -- I think the first time he just called and told his dad and he said 'well now your life is over...can i pay for your wedding'. After we lost the twins, his dad said he would still pay for the wedding. So we got married. 3 months later we were pregnant again and I don't know how/when he told his dad that time....
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 10:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009