Would you allow your 17 year old son to smoke marijuana in your house with his friends?

My friend let her son smoke and drink with his friends. She says" He's going to do it anyways". Not to mention he dropped out of school last year

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• oh hell no. I would have kicked his ass until he decided to go back to school. I am tired of hearing that children are dropping out of school. even if they were gonna be held back in school. there is no reason for it. I had the worse time in high school and i don't think you can get a worse experience. and as far as smoking pot...i would have shoved it down his throat I would not dare let my kids do anything like that. and that woman should have cps called on her. he is underage and pot is illegal. she can go to jail for that. i don't care if she does let him do it at home because he is gonna do it anyway. sounds like bad parenting to me. parents like that should be ashamed of themselves. that is just like saying you let your kids drink alcohol at home..it's better than them being out somewhere else..(it's better not to drink at all) get a grip people. have these very important talks with your kids earlier when they are 12/13.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ummm no its illegal lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Oh heck no!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No, Smoking Marijuana is illegal. However, if it came to "he's going to do it anyway" I would probably concede and allow him to smoke in my home, out of concern for his safety smoking elsewhere.... but if I catch my son smoking anything I'll warm his bottom, and then I'll call the cops on him....(his father's a cop..:P)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Let's see... he's going to do it anyway, he dropped out of school, he's breaking the law... sounds like junior is heading for a lousy life. Enabling his bad behavior in your own home simply makes you guilty, too. (Parents can and have been prosecuted for allowing underage drinking and drug use) His life is going nowhere and will not turn around until somebody takes a hard stand. At age 17 he might try to change for the priviledge of living there, getting food clothing and shelter, and knowing you love him. Wait a couple more years and he'll be a waste case with zero opportunities for help through school or your med insur. (if you have drug rehab coverage), and no skills to hold down a decent job. Tell your friend to wake up before she allows (in fact helps!) him to flush away his future. At 17 there's still help and hope available.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 9:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know some people like that.... the logic behind the "at least he is at home to get high, instead of running around town" seems very flawed to me...

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• no i wouldn't.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• no ~ there was a parent like that when I was in high school. the kids who hung out there-majority ended up losers. Oh and imagine the wrath that would come down on you for being so silly and letting kids do that ~ do you really think that parents would ignore the fact that there kid is getting stoned at your house? Think about it you will realize what an assinine question this was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Personally, I think he needs a wake up call. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior in my household and I am 21 so it wasn't that long ago that I tried it out and did it for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009