She makes herself puke!!!

My dd is 10 months and when she gets really upset she will make herself cough until she pukes, well I think its because she gets upset. Should I bring this up at her next doctors appointment? Could it be harmful to her or what if something is really wrong????

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i say theres not a thing wrong.. just tempertantums.. you can say something just to be sure though.. JB did this and finally he just stopd..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son did that to get attention and after he puked he would tell me he was hungry. Tough! You should have eaten and kept it down when the rest of us had lunch/dinner, etc. I knew when he was actually sick and when this was a ploy for attention. After the 3rd time with this crap he got a spanking. Hasn't done it since. He will start the gag reflex and all it takes is a look from me and he will quietly finish his meal. I hate having to be that forceful with him but I can't have him vying for attention like that, especially negative attention. Now when he is sick I can see it in his face, sluggish movements, fever, not happy and playful like he normally is...then that's a different story. But crying to the point of throwing up? Nah, not gonna happen. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with your baby girl. She may be trying to manipulate you into getting her way.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thats what I thought. Thank you for your help ladies!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah my niece does the same thing or did at least. She stopped doing it but she's 17 months now, when she wouldn't get something she wanted she would cry and cry then stick her fingers down her throat haha. My sister stopped ignoring her tantrums when she did that and eventually she stopped. We don't know if she stopped because we ignored her or because she just didn't like throwing up anymore LOL.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It is pretty normal behavior............gross, but normal. Luckily, it is usually a short-lived phase for most kids. My son just went through this, too!
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009