do you think that single celebrities should be able to adopt?

Im asking this cuz of all the Madonna drama...

SaraM0412

Asked by SaraM0412 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think that as long as a person has the financial, emotional, physical ability to care for a child then good for them. adopt. I mean what is wrong with a single person whether it be a man or a woman to adopt a child and raise it themselves. Madonna is more than capable of caring for that child.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't see why not. As long as they can provide for them and care for them that's great. At least one child will have a home
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree but lately its easy to question sincerity!!! I do think Madonna did it for publicity( she's going through another divorce again because she's unfaithful, her love affair is on the rocks, her album bombed), recipe for disasster. If you have the $ to spare to adopt 3 or more kids why can't they help end world hunger!? They have homeless ppl around too, so they are not oblivious! I say this because it sickens me that they are supported by the $ we spend to watch them on the big screen! AND where did it say that actors/ actresses derserve 10 mil for a 2 hour movie just to entertain us!? They have love and resources but limited to what serves their needs! The ONLY actress I believe is sincere is Angelina Joilie(and I at times have doubts about her too); because she is trying to do whatever she can to help Africa! Bottom line I think celebs should be screened to ensure its not a game and the kid(s) is truly wanted! M O
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I dont' see why not. Especially if they can afford them and give them a better life.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I say celebrities shouldn't be able to adopt until gay couples, who can provide for the child, can in most states. Take it away from the celebrities (who are believed to be unstable due to said celebrity) they would make a cause out of it, charty events, dumping millions until adoption was legal for all. Therefore solving a bigger problem. :)
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Really?? So, Meg Ryan, Sheryl Crow, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Marino, Julie Andrews, Marie Osmond, Michelle Pfieffer, Paula Poundstone- gay, Rosie O'Donnell-gay, etc...should not be allowed to adopt?

Until adoption laws are the same across the board-as in gov't controlled not state controlled, that will not happen. There needs to be a ton of adoption reform, but it will take years to occur.
    Also, the US cannot govern what other countries do in regards to adoption. It is that country's right to make their own laws.
    ( by the way, I'm an adoptive mother)
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 12:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think that as long as the person/people will make good parents I don't care if they are single, married, gay, rich or poor (well, not so poor they can't support their family), there are MORE than enough children in the world that need to be adopted.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Do they let regular single people with lots of money adopt? If yes, then yes.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nice... the point was everyone who can provide for a child and can be stable should be able to adopt, regardless of sex/orientation/race/all that jazz. I tend to use an odd sense of humor to get my ideas out.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think that single people should be able to adopt whether they are celebrites or not. If they can provide a loving stable home then why not?
    Anonymous