What can I do about anxiety?

Lately, I've been completely stressed out. I have a severe headache, I cry at times and also puked twice thinking about everything going on. I don't want to see a doctor or get on meds. This is just temporary(I'm hoping). I have so much stuff going on in my life right now, I can't handle everything! My sons communion is in 3 days and we are having a party for him, we have money problems, my parents are driving me nuts because they visit too often and don't give me any space and I have 2 Birthday parties to go to this weekend which I need to buy presents for. Besides all this, I still need to keep a clean house, cook, grocery shop and take care of the kids.
Help! Give me something "positive" to think about to get me by!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know exactly how you feel babe. As women, we try to so hard to do everything and take care of everybody and we end up being overwhelmed at times. I read an article once about this and it said to just let something go for awhile because we don't have to be perfect even though it kills us to let something go. Girls are raised to be this way, (inadvertently I think a lot of the time). Our mothers did it, our grandmothers, and so on. But times have changed, we don't have to do it all, all of the time, no matter what ANYBODY else thinks. We matter too and if we are so stressed over everything we won't be any good to anyone. I think women matter more in a lot of ways, cuz if all the moms of the world weren't here I think the whole thing would shut down. LOL. I mean, we do everything so well! :) Take a deep breath and put things in perspective, the house will always need to be cleaned and if you really really need to go to both
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• hey girl. you sound like me right now. im about to rip my hair out. so i take time and we go into baileys room and laugh and giggle and dance and that little smile on her face always makes me feel better. so would you like to borrow her for a week or two lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!BREATHEEEEEE!! now listen... with these two birthday parties, is it really important that you show up or can you just give them their presents later and wish them a happy birthday then? maybe you should stay home and get someone (like your parents) to take you kids for a day and sit at home for 1 hour whether it be on the porch enjoying the day or whatever it is you do to relax and just sit there. enjoy YOURSELF for once. tell your parents that you want to set some boundaries between you and them set a day when they can come over whether it be one saturday in the month or every other weekend. plan ahead. If you plan ahead you will have fewer surprises going on in your life. try taking up yoga. i hear it does wonders for a persons mind and body. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thanks Jodi, but no thanks. lol. I have my little Gianna who is 10 months old. She also makes me feel better when I see her smile and happy. But, I just feel so overwhelmed at times with too much going on. Ahhhhhh! I know it will get better after this weekend, I hope! I also need to learn to say NO to people that ask me for favors.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• cont b-day parties, if the kids are little enough, go get something from the dollar store, maybe make a little gift bag with several little things in it. I swear, my son loved the dollar store toys as much if not more than other toys. And just tell your mom and dad to chill. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sorry, that was me, I hit the anon button
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Make a list of what needs to be done...so you don't forget something important. And take it one moment at a time...take deep breaths. Do something in the morning that relaxes you from the start like a hot bath or shower, drink a cup of coffee by yourself a few minutes before everyone else gets up. If your kids still take naps take 30 minutes to get some cleaning done, and then the rest take for yourself to rest!!! It will help. I hope you feel better, but if it is not temporary please make sure you do see someone! Good luck~you can do it!!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know how you feel we sometimes do too much: its callled muti-tasking and all Moms do it. I have to plan my sons !st birthday, we are going away to the Poconos this weekend-have to pack for 3 people- we are going on vacation in July- have to pack then too. Plus the regular house work. My son is teething and cranky. My husband has had to work overtime, because of problems @ work, so I do it all myself and have no rest except when the baby goes to bed @ 9pm. Then their is clothes shopping, grocery shopping, telephone calls to return, bills to mail, and I just had my roof rebuilt. I visit my Mom once a week and every other Sat. Just take some time for yourself when the kids are in bed- have a cold drink watch tv, take a bath-just for you. We need down time every day, even if it 's just a half hour. I go the Chriopractor and it helps with my stress and aches and pains. Ask your Mom to babysit so you can take a nap.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009