Getting induced...

if u get induced b/c of being 2 weeks over due (me next Thursday) how long will they let me labor b4 a csection is put on the table.. im 2 1/2 cm and 70 % effaced..
I dont want a C - Section..

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont worry about the C-section dear. Unless there is a medical reason and concern that vaginal delivery cannot happen doctors will not force you into C-section.
    I dont know how they are going to induce your labour but most likely they will first break your water and then if the labour doesnt progress will give you pitocin.
    I have been in non active labour in 40 hrs (since my water broke) and 12 hrs after being given pitocin. Noone even mention C-section.
    Good luck on Thursday and have an easy delivery!
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They will only do the c-section if its a necessary thing. If your water breaks and you haven't given birth with 24 hours then they will or if something goes wrong with you or the baby they will. If not it could be as many hours as it takes to get the baby out. As long as the baby is head down and the heartbeat stays within the limits you will be in labor until they decide the baby wont drop or they need to get it out for medical reasons. There is no set time on it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• both my sisters had c sections after being induced.. my older sister it was medical the umbilocal cord was wrapped around my niece's throat to many time and she would have been hung is born vaginally...my twin sister asked to have a c section.. my mom on the other hand had 4 births regular.. 1 birth was twins me and my sister i was breached..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I've had three inductions, what my doctors told me was that if they started inducing me, and it didn't take, i would go home, and try again another day. It worked for me every time. Don't worry it will most likely work for you as well. Good Luck!!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• rachel24517:
    they induced you by breaking your water and u were sent home?>
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They probably started her on Pitocin or places Cervidil on her cervix. I am sure they would send her home after breaking her water.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• you can't go home after your water is broke........ it leaves you open to infection, etc. They always say if your water breaks, go to the hospital ASAP even if you dont have strong labor pains and even if contractions aren't 5 min apart yet.
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 10:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well you're already 2.5 cm dialated, so that's great. is your baby down low? you have a better chance in having a baby vaginally.... if you weren't dialated and your baby was still high up at -3 station, then that may lead to c-section (did for me)...

i think you have a great chance of having your baby vaginally. don't worry and good luck! congrats.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You are already dialated to almost 3. I highly doubt you will end up in a csection. It sounds like your body is just taking it's time. I have heard of doctors letting women go for a few days of induction. I was induced with both of my boys and was only a 1 when I went in and was in labor less then 12 hours. So you will do fine. Good luck :]
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009