Why do men think they are always right? I am saying this in a lighthearted tone, but seriously, does your husband think he knows everything?

This is not a husband bashing fest...please. I love my husband very much and I would never speak badly of him, but this puzzles me to no end. I think that I am a moderately humble person and know that I might be wrong. Im willing to listen to others views and say, hmm, okay, I see what youre saying. My husband thinks he knows everything about politics, sports, his job(hes a very good electrician), he just generally loves to be better than everyone else. I think this came from his dad who is quite the prideful person, but I didnt marry his dad. I didn't think he would be so much like him. We've been married 14 yrs and it seems to get worse each year. He runs his mouth on the ball field because he didnt want anyone fussing at our daughter for not playing first base correctly. He says its not just her fault. Okay, so we argue all the way home because he cant just let the coach do his job. He said, well this is the truth.

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 9:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• We are discussing what the problem is and he says he knows hes telling the truth. I said, well just because you are trying to bring us into YOUR TRUTH, doesnt mean you need to alienate the other coaches. The game is played a certain way and its not always fair. Hes trying to make it fair to place blame on all the girls and not just one. Okay that fine, but hes driving me nuts. During basketball season and baseball season, we argue about this. The rest of the year...all is peaceful. Do your husbands do this? or is it just mine?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Haha..yes, my DH says "I'm always right" rather proudly. It's annoying, but cute at the same time. I love poking holes in his helium balloon every once in a while.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it WAS cute...maybe 8 yrs ago...its kinda getting not so cute anymore...ugh.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well my ex is exactly like your husband, one day I just had enough and I stop talking to him, ignore him, my family gotten sick of him and we all started to hate te the man. My fiace is a totally 360 degree different from my ex
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think they can all be like that to a point. They want to feel important and powerful. I try to make DH feel like that any time I can. I ask him things, I go to him for advice and actually take it. Sounds like you've got the right idea. I don't see a point in arguing wit hmy husband about things. If it doesn't affect me or the kids, I leave it alone...I pick my battles as they say :) I think you might like my group. We're all REAL ladies who love and respect our husbands. Check us out!

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009