Girls Night Out?

I don't do girls night out. I don't drink and don't like "going out". I am married with kids, and majority of my friends are still having "fun". They have not morphed into mommy-mode and are still rather immature.

Thursdays + 9:30 p.m. = GIRLS NIGHT OUT(Fri, Sat & Sun are considered party days)

My friends just don't grasp the concept that I am in bed by 10pm and I get up for 5 am. I would with out a doubt be partying it down if I could sleep till noon, didn't have kids, jobless and still lived under my parents roof, but that's not my life.

If I thankfully declined the offer 20 times to go out, chances are I just don't EVER feel like going out.

I get called an old geezer because I am responsible and do not revolve my life around alcohol.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU DO A GIRLS NIGHT OUT?

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm like you. It's so awesome to see someone else feels the same way. On occasion I will go to a movie or something with my husband. I'm a Mommy. If I wanted to party and be a teenager for the rest of my life, I would not have had kids. I like to have an adult beverage on occasion but I do it at home and after the kids are in bed. If I start to feel buzzed, I quit. No point in getting sloppy drunk. You can't enjoy it and it ruins the next day. I'm extremely tame considering some of the nonsense that goes on around this base. Maybe other women need to escape or something. No girls night can touch what I've got goin' on here at home! If you have or want the kind of home that you and your family WANT to come home to....join the real Ladies at SWWD! Live your fairy-tale romance :) 

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Probably once every 3-4 months I do something with my friends without the baby. But, it is only on a night that I know my SO does not work the next day, and we are already at the understanding that I am going out and so he will be getting up with the baby in the morning.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Never!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Never anymore. Maybe when my kids are older.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't go out very much with out my dd...maybe 2 or 3 times a year and it is whem my brother is home or something special like my bday. I have to get up with my dd the next day so its not often!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never had a girls night out when I got married. Now, I would hang out with friends for lunch or go shopping with but that's it. I'm about to turn 27 and a lot of my high school friends are partying like it's nothing. But like you said, they don't have those responsibilities,so they can do those things. With us almost turning 30, I'd say it's time to calm down and look at the bigger picture. I was ready to settle down and be a wife and mom when I was 21. I got all the partying out of my system right after I turned 21..gets old after awhile.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i don't anymore either my dd is almost 3 & she will not go to bed if i'm not home... so needless to say she will not stay the night with my mom.... but i'd rather be home with her than out all night, i like mt sleep & i'd be bored anyways b/c i'm pregnant lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm only 20 and my party days are already over, they ended when I found out I was prego, and now that I have my dd I really rather stay at home with her than party, all my friends that are mothers still do though and they're always asking me to go with them, but I don't know how they just drop thier babies to go party, maybe they just haven't bonded with thier little ones the way I have with mine.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My Husband and I agree those day's are over, we respect each other enough to not put ourselves into that kind of situation..
    We have our nights out together and that's so much more fun than going out, drinking, coming home to my ears ringing, coughing from a room full of cigarette smoke and I don't smoke, and then waking up feeling like I just ate an ashtray... YUK
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• once a week my SO takes the baby for a few hours and I go to my sisters house without any kids. It doesn't matter if her kids are there or not.. its just a little break. Sometimes we drink.. sometimes we don't.. but its time for mommy and auntie to chill and have some time to ourselves.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009