IS BEING GAY A CHOICE?

FOR THOSE WHO THINK IT IS, CHECK OUT THESE VERY INFORMATIVE VIDEOS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CulKX7uBCvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju858UVY9sI

Asked by older at 10:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't think it is a choice because if you are gay and you chose to live straight you will be miserable and in the end you will hurt more than just yourself with that lie.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• everything i need to know in life i learned from youtube
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sooooo..you don't really have a question, just an agenda to push. ok.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• While I do not take youtube videos very seriously I will answer the question. Being gay is NOT a choice. Speaking from experience here. My mother is a lesbian, my BIL is gay, my best friend is gay, I have a few lesbian friends and bisexual friends. I am straight (though I was raised with 2 moms and many would think I should turn out lesbian myself). No one chooses who they are sexually attracted to. It is not a choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Will Lib scientists believe what we come up with here today, anyways?

Should we share our conclusion with them at the end of the day?

Will we share scans of your brain with them and tell them that we have figured it all out?

Will they take it as gospel w/out looking at the scan since you, too, are a Lib...?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm anon from 10:34 Wanted to add that my BIL was raised by a heterosexual couple. My husband turned out straight and my BIL gay. Actually, I don't know anyone who is gay who was raised in a homosexual household. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ultimately, yes it is a choice. Whether or not you are "born" that way, at some point, you make a conscious choice to act on those urges.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think there are those who are definitely "hard wired" to be gay, and those who "choose" the lifestyle. In EITHER case, I don't need to know about someone's sexual preference everywhere I go!

I don't talk/march/shout from rooftops the fact that I'm heterosexual...why do gays feel the need to be so :in your face" about their lifestyle...chosen or otherwise?!

IMO, those who are "hard wired" do NOT shout it from rooftops, they are who they are...it's those who have chosen this lifestyle, that feel the need to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No I don't think it's a choice. Why would someone "choose" to be treated like an outcast? I have both gay and lesbian family members . I'm more than 100% sure they don't play for the same team because they chose to.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ANON 10:37, THEY FEEL THAT NEED BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUALLY, THEY WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009