STRESSED!! In-Laws coming from England and worried about swine flu!

I know everyone is saying don't worry about the swine flu, and normally I wouldn't be worried, but my in-laws are spending 15 hours in airports and planes coming from England to America. I'm worried with so much opportunity to come in contact with sick people from all over the world, they could be sick and not have symptoms for 24 hours- after they have already held my 3 month old. Does anyone think I'm nuts to be worried?!

COgle3

Asked by COgle3 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No you are not nuts, but it is not worth being completley stressed out over.

Ask them to wear masks on the planes and at airports. If they do that and wash their hands constantly they should be fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hell no you have the right to be worried. If I had a 3 month old I would be like sorry we are going to have to reschedule this some other time until this blows over. Or don't have your 3 month old around them until you know its safe. You are not being mean, they can always come for another visit.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Not nuts... but I don't think you should be worried. Swine flu is like any of the other infulenza's that go around every year... they media is just making a huge deal about it. Swine flu isn't new, it's been around for years.
    Just ask your guests to wash their hands when they arrive and not hold your baby if they think they might be sick.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I absolutely would not allow them to be under the same roof for 48 hours. Seriously I have a 4 month old and I am freaked out b/c a 23 month old died in Texas. My mom told me on the news they said the child went to mexico but i am still very upset. If anything happened I couldn't live. Tlk to them about rescheduling it just isn't worth it.
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree with amijanell
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wish they would reschedule, but my husband would never allow it. And he thought I was crazy to suggest they wear masks in the airport. If moms never cared then babies would be dying left and right. I know it's just the flu and people deal with the flu all the time, but my concern is that they are traveling so far and bringing things over that we don't have here and they have tons of opportunity to pick up germs at the airport. Any kinda of germ is dangerous to bring into my home with a 3 month old.
    COgle3

Answer by COgle3 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2009