Is anybody worried about the swine flu and their baby?

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup! Shes going no where!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes. I live in Texas and theres been some outbreaks here, plus my DH is a paramedic so he's around sick people all the time.. He better be wearing that damn mask.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 10:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope. Not worried. I don't stress things like that...I do all I can to help my baby...she eats healthy well balanced meals, and goes to a nice, clean daycare. Aside from taking her out of daycare, quitting school and work, and staying home with her wrapped in a plastic bubble, there isn't much more I can do to protect her. So why worry?

We almost got hit by a car yesterday, on her side. I had to swerve to avoid them T-Boning me. Does that mean I won't be taking her into a car anymore because something MIGHT happen? Nope.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i don't wanna go out in public! i'm kinda scared of it!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope. It hasn't hit my state yet and I never worry about sickness or germs. I've found out that the people that do, usually get sick. I haven't been sick in years and my DD has never been sick. Now, my DH on the other hand gets sick all the time, but he worries about sickness and is a germ freak.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes, I'm just terrified, I'm jermaphobic anyway
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Just because it hasnt hit your state yet doesnt mean someone in your state has it, and just hasnt been to the doctor. A LOT of ppl have no health insurance right now, before i heard about swine flu.. if i got sick .. i would stay home and deal with it unless it got to bad, because of no insurance.

Its a serious sickness, and you need to be worried about it.

I was joking about her going no where, but we have a lot of mexicans in our state (No rasism!!) And a lot of them travel to mexico to see family.

So of course im worried!!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope, not any more worried about it than any other influenza. It's nothing new or special... the media is just making a big deal of it. You don't hear them going crazy about all of the other people this year who have Influenza A and all of the people who have died of it this year.
    As of last week... there were alomst 26,000 cases of influenza in the U.S. and there have been 55 child deaths so far this year.
    But you don't hear the media going crazy about that do you? They are going crazy about the couple of dozen in the US that have it and the 1 death.
    Also keep in mind that in Mexico where most of this is coming from, they lack good healthcare.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We're not worried about it any more than any other influenza virus.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I can't say I don't think about it, but I'm not worried. I guess I just don't find point in worrying over that which I can't stop, nor change. I mean, seriously. I'm a SAHM of a 1 and 2 year old. We don't go anywhere, anyway. If hubby picks it up at work, then we'll just have to deal with it.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2009