I know it is an inconvience but i can't help it that this is happening.

I am 5 months pregnant but i don't know if it has anything to do with it or if it is just a bug. But then since yesterday my stomach has been messed up and have had diarreah, and am not comfortable going here in the office because it is very small and the bathroom is like 10 feet away and customers and everyone use it. So i asked if i could run up the road to the walmart. It isn't even half a mile. Anyways i have never taken off much since i have worked here. I never take a vacation. I only took off 2 weeks when i had my baby because i am the only secretary and know how things go. ANyways when i asked to run up town this morngin because my stomach was messed up he said yes but we can't keep leaving like this. I was like ok. Oh and yesterday afternoon i did ask to run and pick up my tax return because it was ready . i was gone maybe 10 minutes. I am not sure what to do now when i am feeling a little iffy. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Buy some febreeze bathroom spray and use the bathroom at work seems to be your only choice.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would go in the bathroom right there and HOPE my boss heard/smelled it. Maybe then he would just send you home (thats what I always did with morning sickness - people thought I was being a wimp about it, but when I was throwing up every 1/2 hour they sent me home and finally told me that if I was feeling ill to just call-in)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i hate pooping in public bathrooms...i mean i will hold it if i can! but i think if you have to go and they are bitching about it i would just go and if someone says something about it i would say "hey that's why i wanted to leave" lol
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• have your dr fill out fmla paperwork because you qulify. If your boss really wants to be an ass like that, you do have a full 12 weeks worth of time you can use due to your pregnancy. And that doesn't mean you have to use a full day at a time either. You can be gone for two hours and use fmla time. If he keeps up the attitude, do that.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009