My four year old wets her pants at my house but not her dads house.

my four year old has recently started wetting her pants again. she was completely potty trained. she even got up through the night if she had to pee. but now she doesn't even care to go when she is awake. When she goes over to her fathers house she uses the bathroom. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have tried everything i can think of to get her to stop. I have also taken her to the doctor and they said she was fine. I'm at my ropes end. I just don't understand why she would use the bathroom at her dad's house but not at home.

rain_storm

Asked by rain_storm at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• talk to her dad- see what he does different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ask her - she's 4 and should be able to give you some ideas. It may be a control issue and where she pees is one of those things that SHE can control. You might look into other areas where she can take more control (more choices?) and see if that helps. It's not necessarily something you or her father are doing differently - it may be her way of responding to stress of a split home (if she's more comfortable with you, this may be her way of saying "No matter what I do, mom still loves me - I know I can just let go here.")
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2009