Are you going to breastfeed?

I am breast feeding and I was told by people to pray I could make milk. That is a myth! All mothers can make milk so don't give up. If you want to breast feed you can. If you dont want to there is formula. But do not listen to anyone who says you can't make milk. If you can make a baby you can make milk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am still BF my first one and will BF the one I am currently pregnant with!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am at this moment nursing my 7.5 month old. It is such a special relationship. I wish all mommys could experience this type of bond:)
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 10:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would like to but I have inverted nipples and I have never been able to find anybody else in the same situation as mine; I can't even find anything on the internet, they just say to call some group, which I do not feel comfortable with seeing as I am already uncomfortable enough with my breasts as it is. All I have ever read is that it would be difficult. I am thinking about trying to maybe pump exclusively. If that doesn't go well, formula it will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have been BFing for 8 months and don't plan on stopping for a while. There are SOME people that can't and that's fine too. It doesn't make them a bad mommy.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• To: Anon 10:56. I have read that you can still breastfeed if you have inverted nipples, I suggest that you give it a try, it is a wonderful experience, if you are uncomfortable with other people seeing them then just try when you are alone with your baby I might take a little time to get the hang of it and if you can't than you're no worse off. If you have any questions you can talk to me about it if you want.

To answer the question, I am currently breastfeeding my dd is almost 8 months and it has been wonderful, I am so glad that I decided to BF!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 10:56, I have some ideas for you if you'd like.

And the OP is ALMOST right. MOST women can make milk. There is a very small percentage of women who physically cannot. This is not to say that every woman will have an easy time breastfeeding. It can be hard but is worth it.

To answer the question, yes, I breastfed both of my kids. My youngest is still nursing at 20 months.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am a mother of two boys and breastfeeding was the most wonderfull thing ever! I loved every minute of it. Its also very conveinent, its all ready to go and most likely your baby will know what to do. It really helps you relax when taking care of a little one and lets you create a Wonderful bond with your child.
    Alexandranino26

Answer by Alexandranino26 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• To answer the mommy with inverted nipples. Defintely try because the baby will take almost your whole nipple in his/her mouth. So if there are holes in your nipples it should work. Give it a try if doesn't wok what can you do?

I have been breast feeding for 4 months and plan too for at least ayear if not two.
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They make little plastic sheilds that fit over the nipple and help pull them out, and the baby can suck right through them if they can't latch without it.

BTW, even if you are flat chested or have tig ole bitties, you can nurse....well, more often than not.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had horrible pain with my first but I am definately going to try again if/when I have another. I also know now that my left breast was producing the same amount the whole time and not fluctating at all. So I have info to ask my doc or a bf consultant about so I have more options.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009