renting a car

Do you put the extra insurance on the car when you rent it?

Haydensmom326

Asked by Haydensmom326 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Travel

• No, if you have full coverage on your own you shouldn't have to. You can call your company and ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• nope,there is no need to do so if you have insurance on your own vehicle. that usually carries over. as the othe poster mentioned,check with them to be sure though..
    Anonymous

• No...I have a full coverage policy. Plus my credit card offers some protection. I would check to see what yours offers.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I get the extra insurance if i can afford it even though i have full coverage... I worked for a rental company and I do know that if you are in an accident they will still collect YOUR deductible which for most of us is $500 or more... I don't know about you but I can't hand over $500 if some asshole pulls out in front of me and i get in a wreck...
    baby_headbanger

Answer by baby_headbanger at 2:49 PM on May. 22, 2009