9th birthday party, need ideas!!!

My daughter is 9 now & her slumber party/birthday party is this weekend. I have NO CLUE what to do to keep the girls busy & happy!! This is my first big sleepover. Usually there is just 1 extra kid here at a time. I have no clue what 9-10 year old girls are going to want to do and I want to make her party a huge hit. I need ideas ASAP!!!

valoree124

Asked by valoree124 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• hi dear here some ideas there is some web sites were you can check cakes.com
    marybe

Answer by marybe at 11:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You're a lot like me, not planning too far ahead! It might help to come up with a theme and then you could do a couple of crafts that fit the theme. We did an Indian princess party for my dd a few years ago where they made dreamcatchers and bead necklaces (I think she was about 7 or 8). She also went to a sleepover where they made "slippers" from flip flops by glueing fuzzy fabric to them, and "sleep masks". Girls that age seem to enjoy crafts of any kinds. Or if your daughter likes games, they could play something like Twister....mine likes to play that but has no siblings close to her age and it's always fun to have a few extra kids around to play it. If it's nice outside you could do a simple scavenger hunt before it gets dark...or you could do it inside depending upon how much space you have. I would get your daughter involved in the planning so you can have activities that she wants to do.
    napoli

Answer by napoli at 11:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• A couple more ideas....when my older daughter was young, we painted t-shirts, tote bags, visors - all available at craft stores and not too expensive. If you want more details on this one feel free to email me!
    napoli

Answer by napoli at 11:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't have girls but if I had one this is what I would want: Music and dancing, a kid friendly movie and popcorn, dress up of some sort (sometimes I would dress up in my mom's clothes and shoes, etc. Maybe each girl could borrow something of there mom's to bring over for fun, you could have a small craft, like my son loves to paint on a canvas and that way all the kids can take there paintings home with them. You can get pre-made canvases at the art section in walmart for under $5 each (small size) and they have washable paints that are inexpensive too. Also you can search the internet just type '9 year old party ideas' in your search tab. Good Luck
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nine-year-old girls now are quite sophisticated in their taste, I suppose because of all the images they see in the media. However, they are still little girls and like to do stuff that is messy!
    My son's friends are male and female. They have come here for a party and made their own pizza, or hamburgers (from ground beef and a little egg to bind, adding their own extras - chopped onion or tomato, grated cheese etc).
    Try craft projects - have a couple of different ones on offer. Bling and glitz tend to be popular so they could decorate plain objects with pearly fabric paints, stick-on gems, glitter glue etc. Set aside an area in a different room for everything to dry overnight. Try t-shirts, bags, hats, even plain canvas shoes (you could ask them to bring their own pair of cheap shoes if you can't afford to buy them!). They could even "bling" their jeans, with their mothers' agreement.
    LizzieMade

Answer by LizzieMade at 5:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009