How can I get my DD to stop having to have a sippy cup at bedtime?

she is 18 months and i am going to start potty training but I need to get her to stop having to a sippy at bed time, because she screams and will NOT go to sleep without it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Give it to her empty maybe she just likes the security of it once she figures out theres nothing in it she won't fill a need for it anymore
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i tried the empty thing and my dd just screamed until i finally gave in and got her something to drink. im still working on it, but i put less and less drink in it every night, once its gone its gone and she doesnt get anymore. it seems to be working
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• let her pick a cup out and start using that at Bf, lunch etc but not bed time
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 11:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It might take a little tough love but you will just have to take it away. Maybe tell her she can have a toy in bed instead of the cup. Change the bedtime routime, read a story, let her pick a book etc. I would let ours take the book to bed when we were finished reading, they are 5 and 6 and still slide the book under their pillow when I turn out the light.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009