Ever think of this?

For everyone who is worried about the swine flu. You need to treat it like every other contagious illness. If everyone would take the proper precautions... then it would be a ton less likely to spread.

There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.

* Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.

Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

* Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
* If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.

Now mommas stop panicking :)

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• LOL, I never have paniced about this :). Hopefully others will stop.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Amy,
    Not everyone is blessed with a normal immune system. My entire family has immune issues. Please don't be so condescending. Just because I am super worried does not mean I am panicing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never narrowed it down to one person... The past few days people are actually saying they are panicking over it. This is to everyone who is panicking over it.

You know how many people who actually wash their hands after going to the bathroom if no one is around? 1 in 8. If all 8 people would imagine the germs that wouldn't be spread.

This isn't towards you anon, I don't even know who you are so why would I assume YOU are panicking?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Because I am the only one with a swine flu question up there right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank you!!! I act like it's no big deal and people bash me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Uh seriously honey... This is about the 10th at least that I've seen today and I've been bouncing back and forth. This was to inform people, not to bash ANYONE. To inform others that instead of panicking that maybe they should just take the general precautions that we should be taking everyday but that most people don't. This was NOT aimed at you.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Really! I heard my sis go on and on about it this morning but I m not to worried myself, not at this point
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 12:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Cutting back on meat and dairy (or eliminating) will also help your immune system, along with eating lots of fruit, vegetables and whole grains.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is about time someone says something sensible about this flu outbreak. It's all about prevention, not hiding out in your house and not living. I also agree, stop panicking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009