What age do you reverse your kids car seat?

I have a 2yr5mo old daughter who is forward facing but a 5 harness carseat. My son weighs 25lbs and is 13 months old he is in a 5-harness as well but also forward facing. I went to our local police station and they said it was ok to turn them. They both have 5 harness Eddie Bauer carseats, which are great seats as well.

1boy1girl4me

Asked by 1boy1girl4me at 7:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Logan is still rear facing just cause he is right about 20 lbs. I might move him after his 15 month appt if he is bigger. Dani was turned shortly after her first b-day, and is now is a booster w/ a back! you are doing great!
    ashncarson

Answer by ashncarson at 7:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I've seen so many mother's that refuse to turn them until after 2...but I turned all of mine at 1. They all also had the 5 point harness...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Both my girls were ready right around 20 pounds. They don't recomend you do it earlier than that, even though both of mine were long leggers...LOL I couldn't wait to turn that thing around...
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• In our state it's 1 year AND 20 pounds. I think as long as the police station said it was fine, that you should be okay.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 5:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• At the limit of teh seat. My son will stay rear facing for as long as he possibly can. He's 15 months now.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would RF my kids as long as possible. My ds was already 2 when I FF him :( He was at the limits of his carseats.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/34362/boards/read/2138422/Why_keep_your_child_Rear_Facing
    CarSeatJunkie

Answer by CarSeatJunkie at 8:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008