Do you think it was ok that air force one buzzed manhattan?

I saw on the news last night the video of Air Force one flying real low over manhattan and the statue of liberty, for a photo op. The people on the ground were running and screaming because they thought it was going to be another terriorist attack! It just seem wrong to me that they would do that, not to mention the cost of the flight, just to get some pictures.

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No it was irresponsible-- financially, morally, emotionally. It set those who had to be in therapy from the first attacks back years in their healing process. I think this needs serious investigation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• over 300k of taxpayers money went to that crap. Was it worth freaky out the city of Manhattan idiots? (idiots as in, the people who approved this sh*t)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• lol not freaky, freaking*
    BEXi

• No, it wasn't right. But the local and Federal government need to both accept their faults in this. Federal notified local authorties, they should have released a PSA. They didn't. It was marked as a training excersise so some flight costs would have been spent, just not flying over NYC @ 1000 ft.
    myame

Answer by myame at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Heck no I don't think it was ok.I saw the vid heard the people OMG RUN RUN clearly they were scred out of their minds thinking here we go again.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• blah blah blah...

(1) Prove it was AirForce1. Many statements say Obama was NOT on the plane; I can't find ref as to what he WAS doing; but the plane is only called AF1 if the President is actually aboard. Otherwise it's a back up plane.
    (2) Poorly concieved idea; yes - however the WH offical who apprv'd this DID notify everyone he needed to.
    (3) No one seems to really care about the fact that one of the Mayors aides was notified and that aide FAILED to do his job and tell the Mayor.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• A Bloomberg aide, Marc Mugnos, who knew of the flights before they occurred, didn't inform the mayor.

"I've reprimanded the person that normally has done the right thing and passed on the information," Bloomberg said. "This time he didn't." 

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/politics/ny-nyplan2912705862apr28,0,5644270.story

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• don't even start the crap about obama not knowing, it's his freaking plane, he should know where his plane is. and he wasn't furious either, the video of his apology is not furious, the video of bloomberg is furious. if he didn't know where his plane was and the expenditure, then he should at least take the blame and apologize for being inept to the point he has no idea what the people he hired are doing.

but, you'll give him a pass and he'll pass the blame, for 4 long years.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• So you want the head of the White House official for doing his job (even if it was a poor choic of locations) - but this putz who did not do his job is just reprimanded and virtually no one even mentions it....I see how this works(*sarcasam*)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Myself whoever messed up should be in trouble.I have to agree though seems kind of odd anything that could at all possibly cast Obama in any negative light at all he just "didn't know" seriously track back to every time those words were said it's ALOT lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2009