what you do for live?? where do you live and how this crisis affect your life

what are you doing to make some money and afford your expenses ?
your advice y so important for all also can make a change in the life of somebody here think before give us your answer please

marybe

Asked by marybe at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I stay home, my husband works in a plastic factory. Our family of four lives off less money than most probably could, what with both of our kids being in diapers. However, every dime is strictly budgeted, and usually we end up having a little extra to put in the bank or to order the boys their favorite dinner- pizza.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• QUESTION IS A LITTLE UNCLEAR BUT, I AM A NURSE AND I AM TRYING TO BETTER MYSELF BY ADVANCING MY DEGREE. I AFFORD MY EXPENSES BY WATCHING MY HOUSEHOLD EXPENSES VERY CAREFULLY. I RENT MOVIES VS. GETTING MOVIE CHANNELS ON CABLE. I PLAN OUT $15 DOLLAR MEALS AND HAVE A LIST READY BEFORE I GO TO THE STORE. I AM PLANNING ON HAVING MY WOOD BURNING STOVE UPDATED TO BE USED NEXT WINTER BECAUSE MY GAS BILL WAS THROUGH THE ROOF, THESE ARE ALL JUST SOME OF THINGS I AM TRYING TO KEEP MY FAMILY AFLOAT IN THIS TIME OF UNCERTAINTY. HOPE THIS HELPS
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I work as an Insurance Agent, and went to college to be a teacher but havent finished because there is no teaching jobs here in Michigan, Michigan is suffering horribly because of the auto industry. My hubby works in the automotive industry and makes car parts for GM Chrysler and BMW. There have been layoffs at his shop but hes been very lucky because of the machines he can run he hasnt been laid off. We budget our money especially within the last year in the worse case scenario of him losing his job or being laid off. We have a new home, 3 cars (one antique, and 2 new cars one is paid off already) and a brand new jetski we bought last year. We just make sure there money in the savings acct after every paycheck for a rainy day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am a caregiver to elderly and my dh is Chef. I am not materialistic and buy all our clothes second hand. I shop at Sav a lot and farmstands. If I go anywhere else to shop , I only buy sales and cheap knock off brands( as my son calls them) We moved to small town in florida to affordable rent in nice house with pool. We drive older vehicles that are paid for and still manage to have some money for leisure. We make less than $50,000 ayear. when we first married 13 years ago our income was $16,000.00 yr. My husband worked very hard from linecook to Chef in 5 years.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We live in the Buffalo, NY area. My fiance and I do two businesses together and he still works his 9-5 job M-Th in Ladnscaping. We own a Carpet Clenaing business which is starting to pick up dramatically....he should be leaving landscaping for good soon. We also are Marketing Consultants with Ambit Energy, helping those in the Buffalo and surrounding area save on their electric bill. We're doing pretty darn good and we are currently making more than twice of what we made combined last year!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ok the lady that was like we got 3 new cars a new house a new jetski.. hey materialist bitch.. she didnt ask what u owned or what u claimed to own to make urself feel good in a chat room.. she asked basically if ur taking an economic hit..... as far as me and hubby goes he owns a towing business so we do decent and i stay home with our 1 dd
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have nightly panic attacks. I can't find a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am an Advertising Director and my husband owns a Landscape Company, the economy has not hit us in fact my husband's business is booming and my job has not been affected!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We live in Northern Virginia and I am a sahm/wahm. My husband works for the government, working at the Pentagon. This economy I believe had hit all of us and each having to pull back in certain areas. We don't go out to eat that often. Richard takes his lunch each day. Alexandra is 4 and as long as we can provide her a loving home, I know that is all she needs. I have a home business with Gold Canyon which I love and that does help with bringing in extra income.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am a SAHM. My husband is an executive for a major retailer. My husband has a job that is in demand in his company. We moved so he could have a stable job in a town with a low cost of living. We have 190k in income and live fine. We put half our income into our savings, retirements and investments. So if he loses his job we have the resources to live for a very long time.
    Anonymous