How can i induce labor naturally?

im 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My doctor wants to schdule an induction if my son dosent come out by my due date which is only a few days away. I dont want to to induced i want my labor to begin naturally. Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol I tried it all cause I was past my due date well not all, too scared about the castro oil thing. Boil cumin lots of it in water and strain it and drink the water its really gross but this helped me once and some others I know also. Lots of walking. Sex, sex, lol. and pinapple juice. These are the ones I know of that are suposed to help.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i was due friday (apr 24) and if o dont have my girl my this friday (may1) they're going to induce me. i feel the same as you. i want it to come naturally. everyone keeps telling me different ways to bring it on. i walk my big dog every day, do tons of cleaning, squats, have sex, eat pasta... lol... im beginning to think they just come when they're ready, not matter what!
    not encouraging, i know. im sorry! i wish you tons of luck though! maybe some of those things will work for you.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sex sometimes something in the sperm will induce labor.(drs suggestion)
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Tell the doctor you want to wait. There is nothing wrong with waiting another week or so. I delivered my son right at 42 weeks without induction and he was perfectly fine.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• induction and natural do not belong in the same sentence. if you don't want to be induced tell your doctor. babies are born safely at 42 weeks.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Tell the doctor HELL NO unless there is a sound medical reason for it. If your body is not ready to have the baby then nothing will cause it to go into labor including an induction. Sure the drugs will make you have contractions, but if your body really is not ready then you will not dilate and end up with a c-section. The average woman is pregnant for 38-42 weeks and I can't find it now, but I saw something a little while ago that says caucasion women tend to fall at the longer end of that especially in first time births. BOTTOM LINE is the doctor WORKS FOR YOU and you have the right to tell them NO to anything.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• you can try evening primrose oil 1500mg a day, i've heard that drinking a half glass of red wine and eating spicy foods will help along with sex, squatting, bouncing, rocking, swinging and just talking to your baby and visualizing your cervix thinning and opening up and the baby coming down. pray!!! tell your doctor not to induce you until the day you turn 42 weeks pregnant...and that way hopefully you will go into labor on your own before then. good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009